Weight Gain Plateau

Options
LovesGG
LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
We've all experienced it, how do you break out of it?

Replies

• bciochetti
    bciochetti Posts: 35
    Options
    I can say that switching to a weight gainer shake didn't work as well as I had hoped. Switched from ON 100% Whey to CytoSport Monster Mass (300~ cal/shake vs 1000~ cal/shake) and I might have gained 1 lb in a month. Compared to the 3 - 4 lbs/month I was gaining before I stopped it's not great, but after 4 months of no gains it's nice.

Just for clarification, I only have 1 shake a day after my workout.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I reached a mental Plateau a few days ago, it was more about the eating though, I was just struggling to meet my net goal, and I was absolutely hating the food I was eating half the time, I felt very unhealthy and it was become counter perductive, but once I decided that I wasn't going to eat like that anymore, but would eat the way I like and compensate with a gainer (fat fuk) shake if necessary, it has been totally different, It has been easy peasy to go over my net, and I haven't even needed my fat fuk shake to do it. So maybe you just need to change it up a bit, or try to zig zag a bit (eat higher one day, less the next) The pressure I felt some days to reach my goal was making me unhappy, and yours is even higher, so very hard to meet, what type of surplus are you eating anyway just out of curiosity?
  • bciochetti
    bciochetti Posts: 35
    Options
    Well, MFP is set to gain 1lbs a week, so it has me eating 2660 a day. Most days I try to shoot for 3000+, but it usually depends on whether or not my GF is home or wants leftovers from dinner. If she doesn't want leftovers I can make myself a pizza and pack away 1000+ calories at dinner. If she is around we usually cook pretty healthy so she can stay within her goals.

I just need to find the combination of workout/diet that works for me. I started off doing a pretty beginner workout plan for the first 3 months, where I gained most of my weight. Then I switched to the Kris Gethin daily trainer on bodybuilding.com and stalled out (probably because I was burning way more calories/workout then before). Then I did 5x5 to focus on strength for 1.5 months, but that didn't agree with my joints, so now I've started the Jim Stoppini daily trainer. I'm only in the first week, but I weighed the heaviest I ever have this morning, so hopefully that's a good sign!
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    Take a look at your workout regimen/diet. Could be either or both causing a plateau. Different stress factors when working out helps. Whether changing intensity rep range exercises etc. Same with your diet, maybe change your macros a little, eat smaller but more meals throughout the day etc