Hello?

Options
Well I noticed this has no topics but 3 members and yes that not that many but its enough to start a topic at least. I'm sure the owner of the group would agree I hope thats alright.. But Just wanted to extend a Hello to the others here

Replies

• c_ohara
    c_ohara Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I've been a hit and miss kinda gal on this thing. But I have noticed when I use this I seem to stay more focused on losing the weight. So I'm back and trying to make some connections to keep me coming back!! So what is this group all about?? .... and yes I'm in the SCA so I know what the SCA is about. I'm more curious about what goes on in this group? :)
  • Fr0styb0y
    Fr0styb0y Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have no idea what goes on in this group, because it appears to be kinda quiet. Anyway, I too am SCA in Colorado (Outlands) and I am getting back into fighting shape! Woot!

Im doing 4hB and P90X and focusing on maintaining a positive attitude. All of which will help me lose about 50 lbs.

Also, I have a friend who might join the SCA and workout with me.

Where are you all from and what are your goals?

Peter (Petrov)
  • onyxcougar
    onyxcougar Posts: 22
    Options
    Greetings and Well Met from Sunny Atlantia!!

I just joined MFP today and this was the first group I looked for.

My persona is 1350-ish Italian/Bohemian. While I chose a persona that is traditionally made for "larger" folks, I really look forward to needing more garb using significantly less fabric!

Anyway, the Goal is to lose 120 pounds total. A whole person! I'm 6 feet tall, so I can only look better as I walk this journey!!

Be Well, and Take Care!!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am happy to see a few SCA types around here--I used to belong to it on and off for decades and sort of fell out of it, but the idea still lingers. I am on the east coast and plan to move to an area that seems fairly active in NY state. Good luck to us all in getting fitter and healthier!
  • ewestsca
    ewestsca Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello. I live in Atlantia (DC area) and I'm fairly active in the SCA. I realized that I needed to loose weight when I saw a picture of myself at Pennsic. I looked old and tired. At that point I knew things had to change.
  • kitchenpenguin
    kitchenpenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Aloha from Atlantia!

I'm 8 pounds away from my "I need to do this before I can be head cook" goal. I'm head cook for a small event (lunch and dinner for 50 to 75) in January and I'm going to make it...even if I continue at this snail's pace. I'm doing MFP because I started culinary school last summer and eating gourmet food 2+ times a week is a quick way to pack on the pounds. SCA projects right now: January feast, retaining for their Excellencies of Bright Hills, staying active in the cooks guild, and doing projects for my Laurel advisory council. What's the Laurel advisory council? I received my Pearl (GoA level A&S award) and my Laurel told me to go "journey" so I have a few friends, that happen to be Laurels, that are helping me expand my knowledge base and get my work out into the known world. Unfortunately, due to time constraints from school, I'm only doing one event a month. How's your fall shaping up?
  • mj05209
    mj05209 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i've been using the mobile app the most. So i'm rarely on here.
  • screwloose777
    screwloose777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll chat here and there if folks want to. I'll post on occasion. I am in meridies. I am heading to Gulf Wars this year. I plan on getting down to 220 before I hit the ground running.
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My business partner and I will be at Gulf Wars for the first time this year. I'm hoping to be able to keep up my exercise schedule while we're there.