Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"You realized you've joined a cult... and you like it"

aggiesrar05
aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
Hi all! Someone pointed me toward this group and I just wanted to say Hi!

I'm in my 2nd month of CrossFit and am addicted. I realized that this morning when I emailed a friend of mine (who also does CF) and told her, "I'm tired, sore, bruised (incident with a bar, collarbone, and the rack position), and just shelled out a bunch of $$ for another 3 months of CF... Remind me why we do this, oh yah.. because I LOVE IT"

I WILL conquer an unassisted pullup!!!

Replies

• Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Welcome! And hey, we're a good cult ;P
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    as my trainer/cult leader said yesterday, "Hey, if it's a cult based on physical fitness and nutrition for life, I'm all for it!"
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Agreed. I just joined recently and seriously wish I could go every day. As far as cults go, mine is the healthiest, both mentally and physically... We are competitive within ourselves and encouraging of others. We only do what we are comfortable with, and every day, no matter how badly we do in the gym, or how bad our day was, we are happy to be there.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    I don't think it's a cult - I seriously call it my playground - I've been doing it for almost 3 years and it's more fun and I laugh more doing it cause I enjoy it, than think it's a cult, but, I will bow down to whatever they want if it's a cult - cause I love it!
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Ok ok I didn't really mean "cult" in the bad connotation. I saw that quote and thought it was funny (and somewhat true). If there is a positive connotation of "cult" then really that is what we are.

I do have to say that the group atmosphere is amazing, everyone I have met have ALWAYS been encouraging and building each other up! I've been in a lot of different "fitness" atmospheres and this one seems to be few and far between.

I'm glad I took the leap and tried it out... I look forward to it every day (though at the moment I only go twice a week.. that'll change next month).
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Welcome to the family! And it's a wonderful one.

My brother and I joke about drinking the kool-aid, in bad taste I know but it gets the idea across. He's got a shirt that says: CrossFit, like Meth but you get to keep your teeth. Silly.
  • LetzgoOU
    LetzgoOU Posts: 24 Member
    I'm a newbie to crossfit too.....only about a month and a half. Im already feeling stronger and more fit...and i actually wanna do it. I look forward to my CF days!!!:happy:
  • smartcookie44
    smartcookie44 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm pretty new to CF as well (started Dec 22) and this is my first day on MyFitnessPal. I have never really liked working out but I love going to CF. Just paid for another 6 months last month. I'm doing things I never thought I'd be able to do and it feels awesome!
  • irishginger
    irishginger Posts: 33 Member
    I'm in for less than a week and I'm already addicted. If I'm going to be addicted to something then this is the way to go! Can't wait to see what tomorrow's WOD is....
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 317 Member
    CrossFit kool-aid is the best kind of kool-aid :drinker: :laugh: Im about a month and a half in and I will never turn back!!