Getting exercise during the HOT months

Options
Nancy_AZ60
Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
Any idea's for getting exercise when it is over 100 out? It is getting close.

Replies

• xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I run at night with my man (mace in hand also haha) and do inside work outs like push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, squats, lunges, burpees...all that good stuff.

I am lucky to have a little gym at our apt so I run on the treadmill if needed and lift weights there.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Gyms, rock-climbing gyms, swimming... or as xPOOKiEx said, early morning or late night workouts.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I go out after dark! lol Otherwise videos inside the house. Its not a hard workout, but I sometimes walk the dogs in the sun and lotion up and try to work on my tan. :laugh:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmm I love cycling in the heat of the day ........ seriously id rather ride in 112 than in 72
  • littleredjd
    littleredjd Posts: 66
    Options
    I prefer the treadmill indoors either at home or at the gym. I also like hot yoga. As weird as that sounds, it is soooo good for the body and makes the dry heat seem like a breeze after you get out of the humid hot yoga room.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i do early mornings if i am going to be outside. otherwise i go to the gym.
    also, i swim in the afternoons if i really want to get a cardio workout in outside.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I still ride to work even in the summer. Just take extra water!
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Swimming, Running on the treadmill or very early in the morning like at 4:30, exercise video's.
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely a concern for me, too. For now, I'm doing hiking and hill training in the super early morning. Thinking heat conditioning could be positive if hydrated, sun-screened up and working up to extended periods of time (kind of like elevation conditioning). By July, I'll probably break down and join the gym, though!

Good luck to you!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. If I want outdoor exercise, I'd go hiking somewhere up north where it's considerably cooler
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think the evening walks will work with the extra water.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I dont workout outside lol well aside from riding my bike when its nice I have a gym membership and use that
  • StarIsMoving
    StarIsMoving Posts: 437
    Options
    I do a lot of my workouts outside. I have found as long as you are hydrating well and slowing down the "normal" pace, you will be alright. What hurts me is now during monsoon when humidity goes up - otherwise just slow it a bit and water, water, water :)