Just Joined...

Options
rhondadwyer69
rhondadwyer69 Posts: 74 Member
Hello - I'm scheduled for band surgery on Monday, May 14th. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I've been working hard for 1 1/2 years to get to this day. Praise God it is around the corner. I'm excited about gaining my life back!!!

Replies

• QCherie
    QCherie Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I just joined and just got myfitnesspal id. Good luck Rhonda with your surgery! I have a band but am getting it replaced in June. So I have been going through a lot.
  • hhamilton1203
    hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    well welcome ! I have been banded for 6 months now and let me tell you i am soooo glad i did. You will do great just remember to listen to your doctor and you will do fine. :) Good luck Monday.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just read your post and saw that your surgery was today. I hope it all went well. Today starts a new journey. Good luck. Follow all of the banster rules and you should do fine. It took me a long time but I am finally at my goal weight and no longer over weight. I will have my band 3 years on June 1. So far, so good.
  • Janeen41
    Janeen41 Posts: 8
    Options
    I just got my band placed on May 7th. I totally know what you mean about nervous but excited. I do think I was expecting too much my first week. I am now in week two and I'm able to keep down yogurt and cottage cheese. So glad to actually be chewing something. That was my big issue with the liquid part. I am 17 lbs. down since the start of the process and very excited. My blood sugars have been much better and I am looking forward to starting a healthier lifestyle with exercise. Good luck on your journey!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't see your post until 3 days after your surgery. I hope you are doing well. I am going on 4 years post op and am glad I did it. Best of luck!!!