A Plank a Day for May 15

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I guess I'm the first today....I don't have a full time jog outside of my house so it's easier for me to get to the computer.

I added 5 seconds today so my plank was 65 seconds :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    75 seconds today!

I kinda hate planks! :grumble: I guess that means I need 'em.
  • m2nc
    m2nc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    these planks are killing me first time I remembered to do it before the elliptical... ( had to go full tilt here since time is crunching!):angry:

best plank time now wondering if it is causing my neck crick!! did 1 min 50 sec and thought I was gonna collapse...:sad:

should we be going for time or quantity?? Is it better to have shorter plank times but do them more often... :huh:
    can someone help out with this?? Middle of the month... wow! 15 plank days left... or maybe creating that 3 weeks to a habit.... that is how I got hooked on MFP!!
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    these planks are killing me first time I remembered to do it before the elliptical... ( had to go full tilt here since time is crunching!):angry:

best plank time now wondering if it is causing my neck crick!! did 1 min 50 sec and thought I was gonna collapse...:sad:

should we be going for time or quantity?? Is it better to have shorter plank times but do them more often... :huh:
    can someone help out with this?? Middle of the month... wow! 15 plank days left... or maybe creating that 3 weeks to a habit.... that is how I got hooked on MFP!!
  • peppiee
    Options

Quality is definitely important. Keep your butt out of the air :) My personal trainer wants me to do them with a broom stick on my back and make sure I have a neutral spine. On the other hand, as long as it hurts, you're gaining something.
  • m2nc
    m2nc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    [

Quality is definitely important. Keep your butt out of the air :) My personal trainer wants me to do them with a broom stick on my back and make sure I have a neutral spine. On the other hand, as long as it hurts, you're gaining something.
    [/quote]

butt stays out of the air... need to concentrate on the squeezing of the abs... feel my core is getting a bit stronger!:wink:
  • peppiee
    Options
    Plank vacation over

65 seconds
  • moniquea93
    moniquea93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5/15 plank 1 minute 39 seconds