p90x help

Options
im new to all this and am in the skinny fat category, so really wanna tone up, but im confused as to which p90x workout to do, some people say use classic but i have no idea what that is. i have a really bad right knee so anything to high impact on legs is a no go. if this program is no good for me could you point me towards a good workout regime please xx

Replies

• mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X 3 times so far and my husband with bad knees has done it once....he just had to make adjustments to the program. I would really suggest going to the beachbody website and asking which program would be best.
  • muskett83
    muskett83 Posts: 12
    Options
    thank you x
  • ScreenGem
    ScreenGem Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    im new to all this and am in the skinny fat category, so really wanna tone up, but im confused as to which p90x workout to do, some people say use classic but i have no idea what that is. i have a really bad right knee so anything to high impact on legs is a no go. if this program is no good for me could you point me towards a good workout regime please xx

OMG Muskett83,
    It's like you were just reading from my Bio. I'm totally "that girl". Trying to lose 20 lbs even though some would scream at me and tell me I don't need to....I know the truth. Started P90x yesterday. Just FYI: I've started the "Classic" and so far so good. Adjust any workouts around your need if need be but just give it a try. Find me on the TeamBeachBody site if you're on there. I'm "Earthly Beauty" in Los Angeles.
  • coachbeav
    coachbeav Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I always tell people to do P90X classic because it is the best of all the programs. Here is why. Lean isn't quite enough to get the best results. You need the extra lifting that is in the classic to build muscle and help melt away the fat. You don't have to do heavy weights. The doubles is too much....you body doesn't have time to heal enough so you don't get the maximum results. Sounds backwards but I have seen it first hand :) I am a coach and have learned a lot through my journey so if you have any more questions, message me and let me know!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I always tell people to do P90X classic because it is the best of all the programs. Here is why. Lean isn't quite enough to get the best results. You need the extra lifting that is in the classic to build muscle and help melt away the fat. You don't have to do heavy weights. The doubles is too much....you body doesn't have time to heal enough so you don't get the maximum results. Sounds backwards but I have seen it first hand :) I am a coach and have learned a lot through my journey so if you have any more questions, message me and let me know!

Interesting, right now I'm doing Slim series, but P90x is my next purchase once I concur these workouts. My uncle suggested I do the lean. Now I'm confused. So are you saying I will get leaner doing the classic?
  • muskett83
    muskett83 Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks for the help. ive been doing upper body and kinda doing my own thing with it.
    sun - shoulders and arms 30 mins cardio, mon - ab ripper, today 30 mins cardio and chest shoulders and triceps. gonna do chest and back 30 mins cardio tomorrow, day off thurs, fri - back and biceps 40 mins cardio. sat - 1 hour cardio. and change it up again next week.
    like i say im new to all this, am i doing the right exercise by changing it up? is it ok to do cardio before p90x and visa versa?x
  • kaila666
    kaila666 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm going t start this tom. with a sneak peak of the ab ripper tonight i hope i'm sore tom. I work out hard and i'm never sore! wish me good luck?!!
  • mdhughes33
    mdhughes33 Posts: 40
    Options
    am i doing the right exercise by changing it up? is it ok to do cardio before p90x and visa versa?x

heya! I am on round 1 of P90X. It comes with a schedule. Not sure why you would want to do cardio before P90X, especially on cardio days....you could hit muscle fatigue that way pretty quickly. it is cool if you want to do your own thing with it..... but if you really want to reap the full benefits of it, follow the schedule!
    an added note... i totally love P90X, in conjunction with Shakeology I have never felt better in my life! :)