New Deer Hunter from PA

Options
phinphanbill26
phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
Good afternoon all! I used to hunt just about everything, but with 2 kids and a wife, I kinda limit it to whitetails now. Pretty much want to stay in the best shape I can so dragging a deer doesn't result in a heart attack!

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I used to hunt just about everything, but with 2 kids and a wife, I kinda limit it to whitetails now. Pretty much want to stay in the best shape I can so dragging a deer doesn't result in a heart attack!

I agree, that drag can be a killer. Whitetail hunter from Mass with an occasional NH and VT thrown in.
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome phinphanbill2. I am also from PA. My 2 favorites are deer (mostly with a bow) and turkey. I also had to limit it because of my wife and kid, but now my kids are hunting I am hitting it hard again. My daughter wants to start waterfowl hunting, so this year will be her first year doing that.
  • brhaunparks
    brhaunparks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maine here although I.hunt from here to upstate NY. For the most part turkeys and deer but the past couple years a buddy and I have really gotten into duck and goose hunting. Biggest reason I joined this site...losing weight to make hunting easier...and it sure has this spring.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I live in N/E Colorado and we hunt what ever we can get a license for. We have a 15 year old at home but she does not limit us. It majes a big difference when there is a partner to help gut and drag. Hunting is THE reason I quit smoking and have gotten into shape.