Keurig!

ElizabethRoad
ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
My husband got a Keurig machine for his birthday! Yay!

Replies

• musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    How exciting! I just got mine a couple of months ago and so far, my husband and I love it! We haven't had a chance to try many k-cup flavors yet but so far we really like the Donut Shop ones.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    I can't live without mine. If mine breaks and I cant get one immediately I am checking into a lockdown rehabilitation facility!!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. Have one at work, don't want one at home. When I brew at home, I brew a set number of cups and that's that. At work, I lose count because it's too easy to make and drink cup after cup - because I haven't met one yet that'll brew my requisite 18 oz cup!!

I think I have a problem... :drinker:
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    I have often said that if I weren't already married, I would propose to Mr. Keurig. I love ours. It's nearly 4 years old and I have a feeling it's coming to the end of its life span, but it has been so effing worth it.

I do still love my regular drip machine - it gets a lot of use during the summer months because I brew by the pot for iced coffee. But for hot coffee, I'm home alone all day most days, so it's just easier to do one cup at a time.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hubby bought me one for my work at Valentine's... Well, he bought it a week early and used it at the house. Then V-day comes and I am not allowed to take it to work. Solution? Bought a second one for my desk! :-)

Do I have a problem? No! LOL

Although I will be Keurig-less for almost two whole freakin' weeks at the end of May! :sad:
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Absolutely love my Keurig! Coffee tastes so much better when it's fresh brewed rather than sitting in a pot on a burner for hours...I do use the reusable filter and my own ground coffee because if your a big coffee drinker or more than one coffee drinker in the house the Kcups get expensive. Happy sipping :tongue:
  • My1985Freckles
    Absolutely love my Keurig! Coffee tastes so much better when it's fresh brewed rather than sitting in a pot on a burner for hours...I do use the reusable filter and my own ground coffee because if your a big coffee drinker or more than one coffee drinker in the house the Kcups get expensive. Happy sipping :tongue:

I have one of the My K-cups too! I like brewing sun tea in mine!

Also, did you know that if you make a BIG cup at once you can re-use the K-cup? I make a 16oz coffee every morning and just run it through the same K-cup twice.

They are also a LOT more economical if you purchase them from Keurig.com. You get free shipping whenever you spend $45, plus an additional discount when you sign-up for a FREE "membership", Plus email coupons, PLUS 10-15% off as your "lifetime" spendings reach milestones. I now get 10% off of all my purchases.
  • lfclancy
    lfclancy Posts: 46
    I absolutely love my Keurig! My husband does not drink coffee so being able to make one cup at a time is great plus it taste so much better. Enjoy!
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    I had to look this up - and now I want one too! I wonder if I can get one in the UK.
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Hubby gave me one for Christmas and I absolutely love it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    I got a reusable K-cup but I'm not sure I like it. Grind the beans, fill the K-cup, brew, then empty and wash the K-cup. I might as well just make a pot of coffee...
  • Mogwai1985
    Mogwai1985 Posts: 31
    I got a reusable K-cup but I'm not sure I like it. Grind the beans, fill the K-cup, brew, then empty and wash the K-cup. I might as well just make a pot of coffee...

I have to agree, I feel the same way with my resuable K-cup. Besides, most mornings I'm too tired to go through all those steps, I'd rather pay the extra and get the pre made cups.

Oh, also. You can enter to win K-cups for life at www.perfectkcup.com
  • ElizabethRoad
    Thanks, I will enter!
  • My1985Freckles
    Although I will be Keurig-less for almost two whole freakin' weeks at the end of May! :sad:

OMG! Great fantastically wonderful amazing incredible news. I will not be Keurig-less for two weeks in May. I'll be Keurig-less until Christmas! Well, at least from any Keurig Coffee! I'm expecting! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • JAVALADYBUG
    JAVALADYBUG Posts: 21 Member
    I love the Keurig!
    I just bought the additional peice where you can use your own home grounds and brew it through there.. SAVES MONEY LIKE NO ONE'S BUSINESS..
    I got mine at Walmart.. for 10 dollars now I don't have to spend 12 dollars a box on those cups!:drinker:
  • jrmurray75
    jrmurray75 Posts: 2 Member
    Great. Read this thread . . . . now I'm craving a cup. Loving the Keurig we got for Christmas.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    We have one at work with several different k-cups and I dislike them all. The coffee tastes processed.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    I was just mezmorized by an infomercial for the Keurig Vue. http://www.keurig.com/brewers/keurig-vue-v700-brewing-system I like the size options, heat options and most importantly, strength.

We have a Keurig at work, and while I like the ease and convience, it is just a basic one and I find them to be too weak (I like to eat my coffee with a knife) and too small, and like Sharon says, not a big fan of the coffee. I'm a big sucker for Trader Joe's ground coffee with spices so I always make a couple mugs and use the Keurig for my after lunch coffees.

Now what they really need is some (overpriced, of course) device to make your own k-cup from your own favorite coffee.