I start today

Options
Hi All,
I start Insanity today and I'm really excited! I plan to do the workouts in the evening after work and before dinner. I'm 155lb and I hope to get down to about 135lb. I haven't worked out in months and I'm afraid that I won't be able to keep up. Any suggestions??

Replies

• jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My suggestions and thoughts:

Get ready to sweat!

Remember what Shaun T constantly tells us "maintain good form even if you have to go slower". Don't think you're going to keep up with the beautiful bodies behind him. In time you just may be able to keep up or even surpase some but until you get there, just do your best. Speed will come.

Be prepared to feel very proud of yourself when you are done with each workout. As much as I may grunt and groan while I'm doing them, I've never once been unhappy with myself after I finish. I feel great!

Keep pushing PLAY! Good luck!!!
  • billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    Go at your own pace! The point is too push yourself as far as you can go (without injuring yourself) not keep up with the people in the video. Eat super healthy and get plenty of sleep and plenty of water.
  • Crystalpaige
    Options
    Thanks all! I do my Cardio Recovery today and I'm looking forward. I feel a great sense of achievement after I complete each workout. I can't wait to s ee the results!
  • braykay23
    braykay23 Posts: 28
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago and I was the same, hadn't worked out in months and plus I wasn't eating very healthy. I won't lie, the first day I felt like I was going to throw up and had to stop and put my head in between my legs several times but I kept going and by the 2nd or 3rd work out I started feeling a little better. Definitely go at your own pace and never think you should be keeping up with the people in the video. Maybe in a month or so but surely not now!! I still have to stop and take 15 second breaks throughout the work outs but I feel so much better and healthier. It helps a lot to eat healthy too, it just gives you more energy to work out with. Good luck!! Insanity is awesome.
  • Crystalpaige
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago and I was the same, hadn't worked out in months and plus I wasn't eating very healthy. I won't lie, the first day I felt like I was going to throw up and had to stop and put my head in between my legs several times but I kept going and by the 2nd or 3rd work out I started feeling a little better. Definitely go at your own pace and never think you should be keeping up with the people in the video. Maybe in a month or so but surely not now!! I still have to stop and take 15 second breaks throughout the work outs but I feel so much better and healthier. It helps a lot to eat healthy too, it just gives you more energy to work out with. Good luck!! Insanity is awesome.

Thanks! I've been drinking a TON of water everyday and eating 5 meals. I love that I don't have to starve on Insanity. I take small breaks throughout the work out too. Some of the moves are too hard to complete so I just jog in place. My goal is to lose about 15lbs and drop 2 dress sizes. I'm currently 5'4" 160lbs.