Mission somewhat accomplished

Options
Phoenix59
Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
Yes! My husband finally went to the gym with me this morning! YYYYAAAAAYYYYY! I did my weight training while he did some cardio and weights. I am so proud of him! He also ate 100% clean today...something he's never done before! Today is the first day in a long time that I've seen him so motivated and I couldn't be happier. :heart:

I know he'll be having DOMS tomorrow, so I promised him a massage after every workout. He loves massages, so I think this will motivate him to keep going. :bigsmile: I know there will be a tendency to derail, but this is a start. I'll take it.

Replies

• Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I like that you reward him with a massage, hehehe lucky guy :)
  • alex_marie85
    Options
    That is SO great! Progress is progress! Keep us updated on how it goes! :wink: :smile:
  • only_5mom
    only_5mom Posts: 28
    Options
    Yippeeee! One down and how may to go? Let's keep all our spouses in prayer. We can't change them, but God can!
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Just a little update: The husband seems to gotten himself back on track! He's been going to the gym almost daily for the last almost two weeks, plus getting in some bike riding. I believe his doctor's visit last week also help to light the fire under him. He was told to lose weight, take his meds regularly and exercise. The doctor also had a discussion with him regarding the possibility of developing ED due to his diabetes and high blood pressure. Of course, my husband has always known this is a possibility, but to have the doctor discuss it out loud was too much for him. He says having to take a "little blue pill in order to perform" would be the final humiliation for him. Talk about a motivator! It's funny to me that, with all the other things that could happen to him, THIS would be what flipped the switch. Hey....works for me. :heart: