Tips

Options
grapeeyes1
grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
**** :smokin: ****First Tip I want to add is Green Tea. It is a safe way to boost your metabolism!

Replies

• KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I LOVE green tea. I used to be a coffee junkie, but I've recently switched to iced green tea w/splenda, and it is sooo good!
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I really am going to try it but my question is, if I get decaf, will it still boost my metabolism? Do you drink it over ice?
    :explode:
  • KrystieNye
    Options
    @Reesie- I looked it up on ehow.com, and accoriding to this, it still has metabolism-boosting effects. (And yes, it is delicious over ice!) Drink up! :)

"If you consume 3 cups of green tea a day, you could be consuming up to 150 g of caffeine, which is more caffeine that a single 8-oz. cup of coffee. Decaffeinated green tea will still contain theophylline and theobromine, which will work to stimulant your metabolism; thus, you can still derive the metabolic boosting effects from the herb when it is consumed without the excess caffeine. What's more, green tea contains polyphenols or catechins, which further intensify the metabolic boosting effects of this herb."
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    I LOVE green tea. I used to be a coffee junkie, but I've recently switched to iced green tea w/splenda, and it is sooo good!

Have you tried Truvia, it is so much better for you than splenda?
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Thanks for the info Krystie, that is good to know.
  • KrystieNye
    Options
    @Holly- No, I haven't tried it, but I'll have to pick some up! Thanks! :)
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    **** :smokin: **** TIP 2 Don't only weigh yourself, measure yourself too.

I had 2 weeks of no weight loss, but I lost 4 inches around my waist and 3 inches from my hips.
  • KrystieNye
    Options
    Great tip! So far, I've been losing but I've only been at it for 11 days, so I'm sure I will hit that plateau eventually. When I do, this tip will come in handy! :)
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    **** :smokin: **** TIP 3 JICAMA! its a great snack. Sweet and crispy. You find it with the turnips. It is so good for you.

Jicama is a very versatile vegetable that contains a high amount of vitamin C, is low in sodium, and has no fat. One adult serving of jicama, which is equal to approximately 1 cup of cubed jicama or 120 grams, also contains only 45 calories. Pronounced Hicama.
  • Tinkerbell1369
    Tinkerbell1369 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff I don't know why I don't buy it more. I now have a fridge at the office so I think I will pick it up this weekend.
  • Reesecup312
    Options
    Thanks Krystie for all that info. I just bought some diet green tea and I am drinking it now. It is light and good!! :love: Thanks for tip Holly and all the info Krystie!! :smile:
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    **:smokin: ** TIP 4
    You can tell if you are drinking enough liquids by the color of your pee. It should be very light, almost clear. If it is dark, drink more water!
  • sweetnthecity
    sweetnthecity Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    so i have a question....what about nestea green tea? does it work the same...or should I be drinking green tea bags? ..I tried doing the lemon and water in the morning...but because I really dislike lemon water, I couldnt do it..lol
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    I am sure the Nestea would work. I like to do the tea bags, I then know what I am drinking and I can add some truvia. Some premade tea has calories. But, I guess any green tea would be good. Just check the labels.
  • Reesecup312
    Options
    I don't know about anybody else, but Truvia upsets my stomach, BAD! I have tried it twice and both times gave me diarrhea. I guess I could use it for a cleansing. I did like the taste/sweetness of it though.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Its strange how certain thing affect people different ways. Like I must be the only Sicilian who cannot eat garlic!
  • Reesecup312
    Options
    Its strange how certain thing affect people different ways. Like I must be the only Sicilian who cannot eat garlic!

I love garlic in just about anything I cook!! Sorry you can't eat it Holly!

I have a tip. I don't know if any of you do this, but, I am a planner. I plan my dinner menu out for the week, make a grocery list, clip coupons, then go shopping. It keeps me organized and I don't have to wonder what to pick up for dinner after a long day. and keeps me from picking up fast food, which I loathe! I typically only have to go to the store once a week, which is nice. I also post the menu on the fridge so everyone knows what we are eating as well.

Tip two.....I also plan my whole days menu out for me on my diary. Things may change slightly throughout the day but I have gotten pretty good at keeping it close. It helps me out tremendously if I know what I am eating and how many calories it has ahead of time. Hope this helps someone.

Have a great day everyone!
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Great tip. I wish I could plan. I have a husband who always changes things up on me.
  • SusieLamon
    SusieLamon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am learning so much from you! Never, ever have I heard of Jimica. Gonna try it! And Milo! :smile:
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This isn't necessarily a tip, but a pretty good idea that I recently started doing :) We have a microwave at my work and I don't often have time to make a filling breakfast in the mornings so I bring two raw eggs and one slice of cheese some days. Crack the two eggs in a bowl and scramble quickly. Put the bowl of eggs in microwave for 2 minutes and then when finished place cheese on top for 30 more seconds. Its a quick omelet and for two whole eggs and a piece of cheese only 310 calories :) If you change that to one egg and one egg white you save about 50 calories!