Options
ahajduk
ahajduk Posts: 34 Member
2 min 15 sec

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is jlbay and I do 60 sec planks!

I'm definitely going to keep doing the planks in June. Can we keep this group going? I feel some core muscles under my belly fat. I know they are there! Plus, core work is part of getting me back to running.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I started this challenge in the middle of the month so I'm highly in favor of continuing it in June.

:drinker: reminder to self "wear shoes when doing the plank".......my toes hurt long before my tummy or my back...

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: today 85 seconds (one minute 25 seconds).....I add 5 seconds every day

I took a long walk first thing this morning because I'll be sitting most of the day and now have reached my goal of 17,000 steps.

::bigsmile: Barbie from NW Washington
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1 minute 5 seconds
  • ahajduk
    ahajduk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is jlbay and I do 60 sec planks!

I'm definitely going to keep doing the planks in June. Can we keep this group going? I feel some core muscles under my belly fat. I know they are there! Plus, core work is part of getting me back to running.

I am in for keeping this going in June. I am doing suspension training (TRX) and that works the core as well, so why not keep a good thing going. I am curious if three 1 minute planks are better than one 2 minute planks? I have always worked off of the concept of sets and reps, so I am thinking of trying to move to 1 set of 3 reps and to progress to multiple sets of 3-5 reps... Thoughts?
  • moniquea93
    moniquea93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today's plank 1 minute 55 seconds. I'm all for planking in June as well.