How you're getting ready. . .

Options
I think it's easy for us to say that we're going to start this plan on Monday, but what are you doing to prepare for Monday? I'm planning to buy lots of healthy groceries, try to clean out my cabinets of all my "junk" so that I won't be tempted (I tend to get the munchies late in the evening). If I'm REALLY on the ball, I'd like to prepare some lunches (salads, cut up some fruit) so that I won't be tempted to go out to eat for lunch. I always succumb to temptation. . . But if I can eliminate the option to cheat, hopefully it'll help me develop better habits!

How about you? What changes are you making to ensure you have a great start for Monday?

Replies

• 130ismygoal
    130ismygoal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great ideas jamiemonique! Preparation is key. I still haven't gotten to a place where I'm preparing my meals each day, but I hope to make that more of a habit. Its so easy to stop by a fast food joint after work rather than take the time to cook wholesome meals. So for me I'll be preparing for this challenge in the following ways:

1) Mentally & Emotionally
    2) Mapping out my workouts/workout days (4 days/30 minutes)
    3) Preparing my meals
    4) Journaling my progress weekly on message board

Wishing you and everyone else much success!!!!!
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do exactly the same things you are Jamie! I cant clear all the junk out of my cabinets because i keep a few things for the kids but for the most part the junk i do have isnt all that bad. I think my main focus is to log all of my fooed intake and exercise because when i have it in front of me, i tend to do 1000×s better with my weightloss. I also plan to be very disciplined with my exercise. I will go to the gym at least 5 times a week until i feel i am motivated enough to finish my max interval portion of the insanity program i have been doing. I also plan to track my weight and measurements once a week, (i normally get on the scale everyday) so this will be a big change for me. I will put up a topic for weigh-ins and/or measurements tonight so we can have a baseline to start the challenge off with....

Great question btw!
    :wink:
  • mellisowik
    mellisowik Posts: 31
    Options
    I have been doing all the right stuff just scale is not working for me right now.. sooooo my plan is to kick it up a knotch and add in workout dvds as well as just get more motivated and make it happen. Im going shopping today so will stock up on fruit, veggies and good stuff....

I have been journalling and weighing for almost 2 years now.. Was measuring until i started to gain and clothes got tighter... sooo will start measuring again...

Well im off to shower and get moving with my day.. thanks for starting SEXY BY SUMMER!!!!
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If I say I'll start tomorrow, tomorrow never comes, which is why i started yesterday!

My first two days have been diligent with food, not only what I'm eating making sure its quality to keep me satisfied, but also that I'm logging EVERYTHING, and not using the mentality that if no one saw me eat it, then it didn't really happen.

I've also hauled my butt out of bed for an 8am gym session today (sunday) when I really didn't want to and had a headache, but am happy with myself that I did.

So to keep it going from here comes down to internal dialogue. Not giving myself the opportunity to negotiate with myself!
  • jamiemonique
    Options
    If I say I'll start tomorrow, tomorrow never comes, which is why i started yesterday!

My first two days have been diligent with food, not only what I'm eating making sure its quality to keep me satisfied, but also that I'm logging EVERYTHING, and not using the mentality that if no one saw me eat it, then it didn't really happen.

I've also hauled my butt out of bed for an 8am gym session today (sunday) when I really didn't want to and had a headache, but am happy with myself that I did.

So to keep it going from here comes down to internal dialogue. Not giving myself the opportunity to negotiate with myself!

Oh my gosh- I do the EXACT same thing!! "I just won't log this snack, I'm sure I burned at least that many calories throughout the day anyway". . . DEFINITELY plan on quitting that mentality!!

Great job on getting to the gym! I'm planning to do some much needed weeding/gardening around the house, and then make it to the gym myself later this afternoon.

So I've been cleaning out my kitchen of the junk food, but I should have specified that cleaning it out should mean "throwing it away", versus "eating all of it". Whew- ate so much last night that I gave myself a stomach ache.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Eating more healthy....cutting out pop and putting more water in. Working out for at least 25-30 min a day. Finding this site the other day as totally boosted my motivation and I am so looking forward to kickin butt :P
  • atbrod
    atbrod Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am making as many friends in the group as I can, because accountability is really the only way I'll stay at it at this point. You help keep me motivated!!

I also think I am going to start blogging on here. I am a writer by trade, so it might be nice to jot down my thoughts and feelings on 'paper.' My problem is sugar cravings at night. Unfortunately, just before a sugar binge I lose any and all care in the world - hopefully the blogging and accountability factors will help me control such cravings.

Hugs to all! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • aggibridges
    aggibridges Posts: 17
    Options
    I've actually been on the diet for a while, but what has helped me the most was having really delicious treats around! I bought sugar-free fudgesicles that are only like 55 calories, and little whole-grain bars dipped in chocolate that are only 57 calories. I have a 100 cal treat allowance, and it's been working SO WELL. My favorite treat was these smaller-sized oreos (not the 100 calorie packs, real, honest-to-goodness oreos) that have 140 calories a pack. Two oreos are 70 calories, and it's so indulgent you feel like you're cheating even though you're really not :P
  • final10
    final10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is not preplanning my meals. If I could just get that in order I think it will stop the eating everything in sight problem i have. I also need to get dinner ready early so I can stay out of the kitchen in the afternoon when i really get bad.