SO I am a Oct 2012 BRIDE

Options
amylynna1
amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
SO excited!! I continue my working out and being more aware of my food. Any tips out there from soon to be brides?
I love to talk about my wedding, planning and how great I want to look on my special day!

I would love to chat with other excited brides!

Replies

• LghHartman
    LghHartman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am getting married in Philadelphia in September 2012. I've been engaged since June and I keep telling myself it is time to get in shape but I haven't done much about it yet! With less than 9 months to go, the time is now!

I just tried on dresses for the first time last night... have you done that yet? I was really nervous I wouldn't like anything and that the salespeople would be pushy but I had a really good time! That was kind of my trial run and the real thing is on Monday when I am taking my Mom and my Nana out to dress shop.

I'd like to lose 15 pounds by the wedding... I'm starting out by watching what I eat, walking during lunch, and hopefully I'll start exercising in the mornings. Are you doing anything special?

I want to take our engagement photos this spring so I'm trying to use that as motivation too.
    Any way, I figure that talking to someone else about my wedding and my goals might help me stick to a plan!
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Also an October bride (my date is Oct. 13th) :D

I'm happy there are other excited brides here! I'm working to tone up and lose a few more pounds before the wedding (and hopefully a fair chunk of that will be done before dress shopping at the end of February)

My wedding is going to be non-traditional and very DIY so if anyone has ideas or needs some I may be able to help :)

Yay weddings!
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    k this posted twice...stupid computer...so since I can't find "delete" I just changed the text haha
  • sproeber89
    Options
    I am an October 19th, 2012 bride :) I just bought my dress a couple days ago and cannot wait to get it. It's a special order so I had to buy it in my current size....tooo much stress to make sure I for sure lose that extra weight (especially with the price) So I'm finding a good mix of losing weight but staying at a size 10 :) How are all the October 2012 brides plans going?
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm an October 6th bride, and I just ordered my wedding dress last Tuesday! I am REALLY excited. I was little apprehensive about going the 2nd time because the first time I found NOTHING I liked and I was afraid to choose the wrong dress. I ended up choosing the 2nd dress I tried on that day and my Future MIL and I both agreed that we loved it. It was really alot of fun because my MIL has only boys and my future sister in law didn't go with her when she got married. We had a blast!!

I think I'm going to now turn my focus to ordering invitations. We are opting not to do save the dates which may be a little weird, but all my out of town family have already marked their calenders.

Luckily we were able to find a venue that takes care of MOST everything for the ceremony and reception. The only things I really need yet are photographer, flowers, DJ, officiant.
  • gagagul
    gagagul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am also an October 2012 bride, October 27th and looking forward to rocking that dress! I am back on the plan and want to get to my goal weight by summer so that I can just focus on maintaining it till the big day. I would love to chat more with you all!
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    I am an October 6th bride. I need to lose 50 (well, 47) pounds before the big day. I am absolutely terrified to go dress shopping, but I know I need to go soon! When is the absolute latest I should go??
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am an October 6th bride. I need to lose 50 (well, 47) pounds before the big day. I am absolutely terrified to go dress shopping, but I know I need to go soon! When is the absolute latest I should go??

to my understanding, if you order a dress, the length of time it takes to make a wedding dress varies by designer...mine is taking 6-7 months (casablanca)...plus a few months to do alterations...unless the time frame for alterations is shorter than that at the place you buy from...if you buy a sample dress at a sample sale, I believe it would only take a few months to do the alterations...

I am technically a September bride (9/29), but its very close to October! :)

I ordered my dress in September, after losing about 60 lbs, and my chest wouldn't fit into a size 16, so they insisted I order a size 18 in case I didn't lose any more weight. I have read and heard of stories where a bride loses too many dress sizes and it is beyond the point where it is able to be altered (otherwise it would drastically change the look of the dress), so she has to buy another dress. I have lost about 16 lbs since I ordered the dress (which I can't really tell much of a difference in the way that I look). I went to put on the sample dress of the one I ordered to show my bridesmaids, and I was getting closer towards squeezing into a size 12 (sample). I am hoping by the time the dress comes in, I will be about a 12...they said they can "work miracles" with wedding dress alterations so I hope that they can if it comes down to it :)

I still have to pick a cake vendor, church organist, singer for church, and a lot of small decisions...I have no idea what I am doing! haha

Has anyone decided what they are doing for favors? My fiance was thinking something edible like candy...

-Lyndsey
  • jessicaann05
    Options

I still have to pick a cake vendor, church organist, singer for church, and a lot of small decisions...I have no idea what I am doing! haha

Has anyone decided what they are doing for favors? My fiance was thinking something edible like candy...

-Lyndsey

Thanks so much for your advice! Maybe I'll give it another few weeks!

It really is crazy how many little details need to be worked out. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job! As far as edible favors, I've seen weddings where you put little boxes at each place (like cute little chinese takeout boxes) and then have a candy bar where guests can fill their boxes with anything they'd like. They also have some really cute custom labels you can buy for candy. For fall, I've also seen caramel apples as favors... really fun!

p.s. I'm new so I really messed up the "quote" thing... still learning! lol
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    Im also an October bride! The big day is October 6th. Ive started looking for a dress but Im terrified to pick the wrong one!! Ive picked the place and decided what were gonna be serving and picked out the invitations but other then that im lost at what needs to be done.
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options
    October 6th! Best date ever :-)

I'm currently at 153. I want to reach 130.
    I've actually already been dress shopping, so I'm kinda worried about how the dress will fit. I ordered down a size.
    Wish me luck!
  • katebeth237
    Options
    Hi! I am getting married on October 13th of this year and am terrified to look like a mess in my dress! I am at 155 and my goal is 130 before the big day. I have six months to go, so I've joined this group for motivation. Any tips on sticking with tracking calories would be helpful. Consistency is my biggest downfall.

Thanks in advance for your support. Best of luck brides!
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options
    Let's get this, October!
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options
    Hi! I am getting married on October 13th of this year and am terrified to look like a mess in my dress! I am at 155 and my goal is 130 before the big day. I have six months to go, so I've joined this group for motivation. Any tips on sticking with tracking calories would be helpful. Consistency is my biggest downfall.

Thanks in advance for your support. Best of luck brides!

We have VERY similar current and goal weights. I currently weigh 151.5 and want to be between 130-125. My wedding is Oct. 6th. Let's team up and tackle this thing together!

I'm also freaking out about the dress; I'm terrified of having back fat pouring out of the sides of my strapless dress. EEEK!

I log in every time I check my email. I also bookmarked this site. I've been more consistent in tracking what I eat since joining this site. It practically does the work for you. I've also found that planning and entering my meals ahead of time helps me stay on track.

Let's do this!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Well my October ladies, I believe we have officially hit the 6 month mark to our big days!! My day is October 6th, and things are coming along nicely!

I have received my favors, toasting flutes, cake topper, cake cutting set, and name cards.. I have a floral appointment on Sunday and I just received an email saying my dress had come in. One of my four girls has ordered the dress and I'm almost done customizing MY look for the day. Oh you should see my zebra print shoes, they are AMAZING! Only big thing left is photographer and then it's all about the details, guest list and invites.. etc.. etc..

How are YOU doing on your planning??
  • Starklover
    Starklover Posts: 57
    Options
    Hey everyone! We are getting married on October 12th, at a VERY small private wedding with just our closet family and friends there, and then having a big blowout reception that night! We got engaged 3 years ago this October on Halloween and so we thought it would be fun and memorable to do a Halloween themed reception. Everyone is coming in costume and all the decorations are Halloweeny, but not gross or gory. It is going to be a very classy type halloween. All the kids are getting little gift bags with Halloween candy in them, and the adults are taking home black/orange halloween decorated cupcakes.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am an October 27, 2012 bride. We are doing a back yard catered bbq. I am having a "White Pumpkin Halloween Infused" wedding. Will have about 65-70 people as that is about the limit the backyard and my budget can hold. I am so excited!!
  • Blonde_Lou
    Blonde_Lou Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm getting married on the 26th of October :) I'm currently in the middle of the planning frenzy! Where is everyone up to with their organisation? I'm constantly worrying that I am behind as it feels like there is so much left to do!

Feel free to add me, I could use some friends to help keep me on track for the big day!
  • Libby0891
    Libby0891 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I'm getting married on October 13, 2012, in Chicago. I need to give myself a swift kick in the pants to lose some weight before October. I'd like to lose about 15 lbs by October (though my bigger goal is to lose 40 lbs overall). I'm scared I won't be able to lose the weight, but I'm going to try my best. We'll see!

Congrats to all the brides-to-be (and to the recently married ladies, too)!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow October brides!! I just joined the group today!

I am getting married October 13th at an Armory Museum in Worcester, MA. I am hoping to get down to 200 lbs by my wedding date, so I've got 42 lbs to lose. I'm currently struggling with gaining and losing the same 5 lbs over and over again the past 2 months and can't seem to break the plateau. I just started Insanity 2 days ago so hopefully this will help me immensely!

Congrats to you all on your engagements and up-coming weddings!!