So...new dress or new kecks?

Options
AthenaErr
AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
Our anniversary is fast approaching. We usually go out for dinner and I would like to get dressed up despite feeling self-conscious. But we are very recession hit and money is really tight. Would you splash out on some nice underwear or on a dress? I am scared of buying serious underwear in case he laughs at me (I'm being stupid this is my husband he is not going to laugh at me - but what if he doesnt find me sexy even when I am all dolled up?)
Thoughts, suggestions, tips?

Replies

• OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Options
    I vote for a new dress with no undies.

j/k

It seems like with a tight budget, you'd get more out of a dress then out of undies...
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh! (now there's a thought!) and it makes v v good sense this thought!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you'd get more use out of a dressy-dress vs sexy undies. It depends on how fancy the dress is, of course, but, especially when you're on a budget, you might not get many opportunities to wear the dress. A dress that's practical enough to get regular use (like something you can wear to work) might not feel special enough for an anniversary dinner.

But a really hot bra and panty set... you can wear any time you want to feel sexy, under any clothes.

On the other hand, if you hit sales, bargain stores and/or clearance racks, you get get both. Stores like Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx or Burlington Coat Factory always have great dresses (and lingerie) at really good prices. And I've found some fabulous deals at department stores, too.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm old-school.

The very idea of spending dough on 'fancy' undies - which I rarely see or that others will not see - makes my wallet hurt. I'm all for wearing good quality undies, but fancy? Meh. For me, it's not the underwear that makes me feel sexy. I guess everyone's different.

I'm relatively young and "hip", but I'll admit to wearing granny panties. Hubby doesn't really care about what I wear for underwear (because when we're together the undies don't stay on long anyway, right? heh!). I also feel the same about lingerie. Meh. Never bought myself anything like that, nor would I want hubby to waste $ on buying it for me (he wouldn't anyway).

I would much rather save the money and put it on a nice outfit - sexy dress or skirt/top - or an awesome pair of heels! Oh yeaaah!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I vote dress. And yeah, maybe something that could be worn to work with a sweater or something. Try Kohls. I've gotten some cute, reasonably priced dresses there.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Try TJ Maxx or Ross for a cute dress. I second the notion of no undies :) Men love naked boobies.
  • charityheckler
    charityheckler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been doing some playing around on line here lately and found these three sites, for the most part they are really cheap. I haven't bought anything from them just yet but I think I am going to to find out the quality of the clothing but I don't expect it to be overly great. Still there are some really cute clothes, check them out and maybe you will be able to afford both. I am trying to re-make my wardrobe on a tight budget as well. Good luck!

lnlclothing.com
    10dollarmall.com
    forever21.com