Best walking/running spot?

Options
chatnel
chatnel Posts: 688 Member
I usually like southbank for walks along the river but for a hardcore workout the stairs at Kangaroo point are a killer

Replies

• islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Castle hill and the strand (TSV) are my personal favorites
  • Braz76
    Braz76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't mind Wynnum Esplanade & I love Mt Warning for a challenge.
  • GregRandall
    GregRandall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Theres some great jogging/bike tracks around Coorparoo!
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    I go to Kangaroo Point every week and do a massive loop to the city over the storey bridge, through southbank and botanic gardens and back. Takes about an hour at a good pace.

I also love the Strand in Townsville! I go there for work and always pack my running gear :smile:

I live in Redcliffe and the Ted Smout Bridge is a good one as is along Suttons Beach.

I feel like a nice walk now!
  • kimhonan
    kimhonan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Blue Water Trail in Mackay ... I'd like to be running it, but am rather lazy so usually it's just walking.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love doing the gold coast park run route near southport at main beach I havent done the actual park run yet but I want to!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes Castle Hill is great and last time I was at Magnetic Island the Forts Walk was great but don't do it in summer! You can spot koalas there too if you are lucky.
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Definitely Wynnum Esplanade and there's a great park right behind Carindale mall that goes a really long way, great for runs.
  • xMallie
    xMallie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I live on the sunshine coast, and I walk around Rosemount/Nambour.
    SCARY I KNOW.
    But seriously, some awesome, challenging hills in Rosemount. I love walking up and down them, and pushing myself more than I normally would walking flat ground.

BTW - Hope everyone's staying safe in the monsoonal rain!