accounting for breastfeeding

Options
osieray
osieray Posts: 14 Member
How do you account for breastfeeding, calories burned and the need for more protein etc. Will this sire track that automatically or do I have to pull in my own info from another source????

Replies

• bluex232
    bluex232 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can add it to your food diary (i think it is just listed as Breastfeeding) and it will give you an extra 500 calories a day...I personally made an exercise for it. I read online that each ounce of milk averages 20 caloires burnt. So I have figured that my 9mo usually gets about 6 ounces a feeding. So in the custom exercise I created I have it so that 1 minute burns 20 calories, and then instead of the minutes I feed her I just enter the amount of ounces she eats each day. I prefer doing it this way so that if there are days I feed her more or less my calories stay adjusted to it rather than just a straight 500 a day. Hope that helps. 8-)
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Add it under snacks and just look for breastfeeding. There are a couple of options. Breastfeeding where 500 calories is subtracted from your daily caloric intake and breastfeeding where each ounce you pump is 20 calories. If you are actually putting your child to the breast and not pumping (all the time) go with the 500 calories BUT if you pump all the milk your child receives and can accurately calculate how many oz's of milk you make then you can use the second option...hope that helps!!!
  • osieray
    osieray Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanks!