Week One: Here we go!!

Options
. . . And we're off!! :smile:

The weekend wasn't as great as I hoped it would be- I DID clean out all of the junk, but by EATING it, not throwing it away. But I packed my lunch for today (spinach salad with chicken, cranberries, walnuts) as well as a great snack (fruit salad with strawberries, kiwis, blueberries), and I'm planning on hitting the gym tonight, so I'm expecting great things with this challenge!

How's everyone else doing? Off to a good start? Any struggles thus far?

Replies

• aggibridges
    aggibridges Posts: 17
    Options
    That sounds so yummy! Don't beat yourself up too much about eating the junk, just calculate what you had yesterday and work it off today at the gym :) My day has started out super difficult, since I'm stuck having to cook for myself because the cooking lady took an extra day off. FML :( I can't cook at all! It would be so easy to order takeout instead :/
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Startin this rainy day off right with some cleaning (didn't bother to clock cals) and with day 8 of Insanity (burning 402 cals). About to have a snack and take the dog for a walk. All this talk of food is making me hungry!

Sending positive thoughts to you all - Happy Monday!
  • mellisowik
    mellisowik Posts: 31
    Options
    Hello All...
    Well Day #1
    Im am going to add a challenge to you all you want to get your BODY and yourself SEXY for summer.. for some fun and to kick things off.. I started yesterday doing burpies and abs... I did 60 burpies and 100 abs with a medicine ball... what i did was 10 burpies then the abs... Who wants to add this into there day.. Serious tops it takes 15 min? :) come on......

I ate yogart with ground flax for breakfast with a bowl of raspberry/blackberries and for supper today im making homemade turkey chili... and salad... Lunch well it will be a surprise fore me.. :)

Going to do my personal challenge today then go for a walk if the rain holds off for a while.....

We all can do this... Keep a big smile on your face and think of crossing that finishline and looking super sweet and sexy... :) Have a super wonderful day...... Keep moving and keep focused on the big picture!!!!!!!
  • BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Starting Week 2 of Jillian Michael's Six Week Six Pack today...it's a great workout but I know I need to pump up the cardio a bit in addition to get the fat off. Goal is to lose 1-1.5 pounds this week and stay under my 1200 calorie goal. Let's go!
  • bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    Options
    Hey guys! Well, I am starting off the week by throwing away the leftovers from all the cupcakes I made for a work event on Friday. I"m pissed off about the amount of time and effort I put into them and how many leftovers there were, but I'm sure as hell not going to EAT all of those things. Hindsight is 20/20...next year I will remember not to sign up to bring food for that thing!

Anyway, I had McDonald's for breakfast so that is IT for junk food today. The rest of the day I am not eating anything else crappy nutrition-wise, and I plan to log at least 35 minutes on the elliptical. I have to go to work study at 6 p.m. and do hours of homework, so this will not be a fun day, but at least I'll get stuff done. Perhaps tonight I will give myself a manicure as a reward. Good luck everyone, make it a great day!
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi all, excited to be starting this and fingers cross I stick with it til the end!!!! I started off by adding an extra day to my exercise regime. Went to a class yesterday
  • Jenni0101
    Jenni0101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today is a holiday for me but I just finished day 4 of Jamie Eason's (spelling?) LiveFit Trainer from Bodybuilding.com. My upper body is dying but after today I get three days off of much needed rest but I'm thinking I might just squeeze in some cardio if the weather cooperates.

I have been really putting in effort to eat clean and I think it's paying off but we'll see on Friday (my personal weigh in day).

Good Luck everyone :)
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! Im a little late today because I am a student and I started a new class today.

I am already in my little rotation with everything. I decided to get a headstart on everthing so i have been going to the gym for at least an hour everyday for the past 3 days! I have done full body workouts, at least 100 leg presses with 110lbs, plus 40 minutes on the elliptical on cardio level 10....

I just have stay away from my weakness, SWEETS! And also eat more veggies. Plus i have to stick to my eating schedule of snacking every 2 hours because this is what works for me.....

Well back to class i go! Good luck ladies!
  • virgo0825
    virgo0825 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had a good start for week one. I was down 3.4 pounds for this weeks weigh-in and I worked out today and met my workout goal to burn at least 500 calories or more. So, I'm feeling really good and motivated!
  • kt2312
    kt2312 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've had a great start to the week, spent a bit of time in the kitchen preparing some meals for the week. I also have all my gear ready for my workouts this week. I often use the excuse that my gym gear isn't clean, so I can't go...!

Snuck a weigh in this morning and am happy that I'm back to my pre-holiday weight. It appears I have lost the Bali Bloat in 3 days. Happy with that and back on track from where I was before I went.
  • mellisowik
    Options
    Where is everyone.... thought many of use joined up for this.. ha ha hope your all off to a good start.....
    Check in again soon..
  • aggibridges
    Options
    How has everyone's second day been? :)
  • atbrod
    atbrod Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I resisted the temptation to binge on fattening cashew clusters when I got home from work, and finished a healthy dinner by 6:30. I'm feeling good about myself for not binging. Day 2 = Success!
  • jamiemonique
    Options
    I LOVE this group! I check it constantly, looking to see how other people are doing and if they're making progress or having any stumbling blocks. Day one for me was okay- ate well, but didn't go to the gym. Day two was again, okay- ate pretty badly (tiramisu during lunch!) but did some damage with the weights at the gym. If only all of my days could combine the best of the two! :smile:

Please keep posting everyone- I love hearing this stuff!! What are you eating? What are you doing to burn calories? How are you feeling- still motivated? High energy? Low energy- are you eating enough? Sore from all the working out? What challenges have you faced thus far, and what challenges do you anticipate? Spill the details!! :wink:
  • aggibridges
    Options
    Cashew clusters = <3 Good for you Atbrod for resisting the temptation, I sure wouldn't have been able to stop myself from gobbling up a few, they're one of my weaknesses.

Jamie Monique, that's so great! I miss doing weights so much, but I'm all injured from when I used to do BJJ :( What's your usual routine?

As for me, I had a pretty great day, I walked my dog for 40 minutes (beautiful sunny day in the Caribbean!) and then I struggled through half an hour of biking. My food was DELICIOUS today, I had pasta twice and a packet of Oreos, and it still came under 700 calories, plus I burned 588 calories. Since I've been on the diet for a week or two, I'm beginning to get to the stage where I'm full with what I eat, and I'm keeping myself busy enough with homework and classes so I'm not having any extra bites here and there.
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bad day bad day bad day!

Tomorrow I need to stick to the calorie goal. Must. Find. A. Way.
  • final10
    final10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I haven't even introduced myself yet. This week and last have been bad. Last week my grandfather passed away and I didn't overeat because of emotional eating but because of just visiting family and the funeral and eating the food that it brought when someone passes away. And then my 2 year old picked up a stomach virus and has been extremely clingy for days. Yesterday I was stuffing my face straight out of the pantry and didn't track anything. But the good news -TMI alert- yesterday was the beginning of my TOM and I didn't realize it was that time. So that might of had something to do with it and got that overeating out of the way.

These are just reminders to me that i should always have frozen homemade meals available for situations like this.
  • jamiemonique
    Options
    @aggibridges- I'm actually a competitive powerlifter, so I have set days where I train for either upper body or lower body, and also train for either absolute strength or speed strength. It's so much fun!! It's structured enough to where I don't stand in the gym looking around thinking "okay now what should I do?" but allows for enough flexibility so that I'm not bored doing the same thing over and over again. Bummer about the injury though!! Did it happen recently? Is there any way you can train around it until your body recovers?

@final10- YIKES!! Sounds like a tough, crazy few days! Those unexpected situations are always what makes sticking with a diet super challenging- I definitely empathize. Sounds like you've got the right mindset to get yourself back on track though. . . Let me know if there's anything I can do help out!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was bad, too busy house hunting and no time for a proper meal, so I ate McDonald's :( Today was our weekly Starbucks run and going there starving proved bad because I added a 400+ calorie oat fudge bar to my order. So I'm going to have a little over 200 calories for supper and possibly 200-300 calories gained from exercise. So I don't gorge myself again, what is a quick, easy, low-cal supper idea that can fill me up tonight? I don't have a ton of food at home so I may have to make a pit stop at the grocery store.
  • mellisowik
    Options
    Day # 3 so far eating well... have been doing my own mini challenge and have done a workout dvd..... nice to feel that im accountable for what im doing so trying that much harder..... I have myself if time allows before i can leave home or do anything i have to do my mini challenge... then the rest seems to be falling into place...

I know i have it in me to do the work.. My frustration is doing the work and the scale does not cooperate... Which for the last while it is very mean to me..... :( soooooo off and running for another day....

Hope everyone finds there balance....