Introductions

Options

Replies

• bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    Options
    Hi everybody! I just joined MFP this month and this will be my first group. I'm 5'11" and right now I weight 231 pounds. And I am SO. SICK. OF. IT. Every spring I promise myself that this time, for real, this will be the bikini summer. And it looks like it's yet again another non-bikini summer. So I want to turn this around and I thought joining this group would be a good way to kick it off. My biggest problem is eating sweets, and I (stupidly) volunteered to bring 150 cupcakes to a work meeting last night so I spent last night and this morning eating leftovers every few hours. Needless to say I am pretty pissed off with myself, and I'm tired of setbacks like this undoing any bit of progress I make. I figure that maybe making my food journal public might motivate me more to not eat so much crappy stuff.

I don't really have a goal weight for this challenge; I plan to weigh myself on Monday morning and then weight myself again at the end of the challenge. When I weigh myself daily or even every few days, I start to become discouraged when the number doesn't drop fast enough, and it just leads to unhealthy obsession with the scale. My goal is simply to do what I'm supposed to do and stay within my calories every day, no excuses. And to exercise at LEAST 5 days out of the week, even if it's only 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. I'm looking forward to this! I just want to feel (and look) killer-awesome :smokin:
  • bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    Options
    Oh, and I'm from Iowa (U.S.) It's really hot here right now, and I'm liking it! Except for the whole being-afraid-to-wear-shorts-outside-because-of-pasty-white-legs thing.
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Rachel. I'm from Michigan. I have been on this weight loss journey since Jan. 30 2012. So far i've lost almost 40 lbs! I had been exercising, but lately I have not due to some health issues. Now that I am feeling better I need the motivation to start working out again. I figure this seems like the place to do it! I would love to lose 10 lbs By June 21st (if not a little more :wink: )
    Good luck everyone!

And feel free to add me for more support! :flowerforyou:
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Tamara and I started this journey in Jan at 415 but wasn't serious. In may 2011 I started this journey for real at 390. I now weigh 288 @ 6ft and it has not been easy because I am over coming a food addiction and I struggle with binging.. I am just getting over a 3-4 month plateau so I am happy about that!!! I would like to be 270-275 by August. My ultimate goal is 190-200 I look forward to being in this Challenge and this will def keep me focused.
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Leonie and this is the first group that I have joined, so I am super excited about this. I live in Southwest Florida and I have a 5 year old son. I would like to be healthier for him. My goal is to be 161 lbs and I am more focused on this being a lifestyle change for me. Not so much concerned about the overall number but how my body looks and the way I feel. I live on the third floor so I am looking forward to making it up the flights of stairs with no breaks and still having some breath left when I reach the top. Lol, Rocky theme song is playing in my head right now.
    #Team get it right, keep it tight
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thank you Akyra for starting this group. Even the title is very motivational.

Hello to you all. Reading your stories have been inspirational and our month journey has yet to begin! I want to thank you all for sharing your stories, as struggling with weight loss is never easy, but everyone in this group sounds very positive and I hope that I too will be able to provide each and every one of you with the motivation to continue on your journey.

My name is Bridget and I joined MFP about a month ago, I found this group and though it would help me to continue working out and eating right and hopefully I will be able to see transformational results within the next month. I have been consistantly working out for about a week now (after taking a week off from about a month of workingout - moving seemed to prevent me from feeling motivated to work out) Now that I am back into a routine I feel as though I will be able to meet my goal of losing 60 pounds.

Please feel free to add me so we can support eachother through our journey!!!
    Take care and have a wonderful day everyone!!! :)
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for joining us! I am feeling motivated already! I have a great feeling about this group! The main thing we need to do is focus on the goal and be disciplined. This thing, as with everything, is MENTAL!! We have to speak positive words to ourselves! WE CAN DO THIS!

Please feel free to add topic for discussion throughout this challenge!
  • atbrod
    atbrod Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

I was excited to run across this group. Last year I lost 17 pounds using MFP, but I've nearly gained it all back. I have completely lost motivation. Will you keep me motivated? I'll help you, too!

Hugs!
  • sam932
    sam932 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! im new to this website and thought this group would be awesome to join! this past year i have slowly lost 25 pounds thanks to weight watchers points plus! In January i was 124lbs from being 150lbs the previous january (2011)...without ever going to the gym! this past January i started going to the gym again and have been going 4-6 times a week since then, which is awesome! ....but i am now 133lbs since starting the gym..i know some of it could be muscle weight, but i want to get down to 120lbs. by the way i'm 18 years old and 5'4.. which isn't that tall. My main problem is that i over-eat after working out because I use to think because i just worked out then i could eat more.. which isn't technically always true, point blank^. lets all get SEXYYY by summer!!! <3
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Hey yall :) I am so glad this group was formed! I am completely motivated to get on track and lose this extra weight :) I think its great that there are so many out there that are positive and ready to makes changes. I think seeing other people's progress is a great motivator. I am currently 159 and my goal is 135. I know I can get down to 145 without too much issue ....my thing is making the change from eating bad and no exercise to eating good and being more active. My goal by June 21st is to be 149 :)
  • virgo0825
    virgo0825 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! This is the first group I have joined since becoming a member of MFP about 3 months ago...I`m looking forward to the journey.
  • aggibridges
    aggibridges Posts: 17
    Options
    Hiii guys! I originally joined MFP because I was trying a ketogenic diet, but now that I'm off keto I'm a little bit out of sorts, so I'm super glad this group opened so I can meet non-ketoers :P I'm trying to lose weight for a trip to Europe I'm making with my boyfriend this summer, so here's to hoping I can keep up the weight loss until then. Looking forward to getting to know all of you girls :)<3
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome all the newcomers! :) Glad you are joining us! Im super excited to start our challenge! Dont forget to set your goals and get your baseline in weight and measurements, even if you dont pit it up in the discussion board!

We are so gonna rock this challenge! We can do it!!! :)
  • jmseeyore
    jmseeyore Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jennifer. I'm planning on taking some trips in July and would love to get some more weight off before then.
  • skay_
    skay_ Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    I'm so glad I found this group on the eve of the start of the challenge! This is exactly what I am looking for: a short term commitment, like-minded participants, and more exercise in my routine. I've been on HCG and it does not allow exercise due to the extremely low calorie intake. But now that I'm on a normal healthy diet, I'm ready to begin exercising. My fitness activities are walking and biking. I'm excited about us being on this journey together! Good luck to everyone and lets keep in touch.

Sharon
  • tammysolovely
    Options
    Hello I'm Tammy. I currently live in Mi, I have a overall weight lost goal of 35-40 lbs. My bdy is June 20th...I really wana drop 10-15lbs over the next 30days. I'm going to Tampa for my bday & i wana look & feel good. I feel encouraged already & it was needed cause I ate way to much today.
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Hadiza and I live in Newport, South Wales. I've been on mfp for a bit now.....well, since 2008. I did lose quite a bit 4 years ago. Trailed off and actually maintained for a while albeit 7lbs or so up and down. Anyways, I had an op April last year and since then, the weight just piled and piled to the extent I was almost back to where it all started from! So here I am once again trying to go through it all again.
  • Wojobabe
    Wojobabe Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Cheryl. I live in Washington State. I am 47 yrs. old and a mother of 5 grown children. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I'm pretty sick of seeing the scale go up insead of down. Seems like the healthier I try to eat the harder it is to lose, what's up with that? I have seen that working out makes a difference but can't seem to stay on a work out routine. Hopefully this group will help me stay motivated.
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have been looking for a challenge/group such as this to KEEP me motivated! I have lost 20lbs since February (when I first realized that I needed to take charge of my life and get in shape). At this point, I am extremely motivated and I know that I can lose the weight (and actually meet my fitness goals). I am from Tappahannock, Virginia, recently married, 2 children, and just celebrated my 30th birthday this month!

This year, I am determined to not only lose the weight, but make healthy lifestyle changes that benefit both me and my family.

I LOVE TO WORKOUT! Whether it be Zumba, dancing, step aerobics, HIIT training, weight lifting, running; etc, I do it all (in moderation of course, I believe in "switching up routines" to confuse the body.) Needless to say, I am up for any fitness challenge:-)

SW:204
    CW: 183.4
    GW: 165
    Height 5'6

I look forward to meeting my goals with you all- please feel free to "friend me," I found that on MFP, the more friends, the more motivational/inspiring your page becomes! Let's do this!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Terrie and a little late on joining.
    CW: 125 lbs
    MW: 140 lbs
    GW: 115 lbs

My plan was to find a group that could help me get bikini ready for an upcoming trip to Mexico in December (our Alberta, Canada summers don't allow for much tanning or swimming so we really look forward to vacations, or at least I do).
    I joined MFP last year, weighing 128 and got down to 120 at one point within a month or two. Then holidays came around and I started slacking and have brought myself back up to 125 (there were some weeks I was eating poutine 4 days a week). I would like to finally achieve my goal weight and look fit an fab by December, but if I can get there sooner, that's even better!

I'm planning on most of my exercise to come from playing softball so I can enjoy the 2 months of summer we get but need motivation to do a little more.