Antigo ??

Options
beckywilkeherbst
beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
Anyone near there? We are looking to go camping this weekend and thought someone may be near there and be interested in meeting up and going for a bike ride or hike or something like that....Message me!

Oh, and if you have any suggestions on sights that would be great also!

Replies

• PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Becky, if you ever get near Montello, let me know. I have a permanent camper site there and am there just about every weekend through October!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love the campground at Chute Pond but I don't know if they're filled up or not. It's not too far away from Antigo. Wherever you do go, let me know, Antigo isn't that far from me.
  • beckywilkeherbst
    Options
    Can you pitch an extra tent on your permanent campter site? Up for visitors? :-)
  • beckywilkeherbst
    Options
    I will definatly let you know. He only wants to do Antigo so he can go four wheeling on the trails near there but that ain't happening because i am not being left behind. I will let you know... :-)
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    If we decide to go up to our property (in Birnamwood area, just a little south of Antigo) I'll let you know.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Can you pitch an extra tent on your permanent campter site? Up for visitors? :-)

Ha ha-emailed you about this. I don't know if all campgrounds are like this, but they don't allow it. I'm sure because they lose the revenue. :(
  • beckywilkeherbst
    Options
    Let's keep checking back here. Not sure exactly what the plan is because hubby not sure if he has to work the weekend.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have land near Bowler which is a long stones throw away from Antigo. I think there are bike trails, perhaps converted rail lines to ride. There is also amazing hiking and water ways to enjoy around there.
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bummer that you're coming this weekend! We're going camping as well, but heading up north this time. We're only about 1/2 hour from Antigo and go there often otherwise.
    There's a GREAT county campground just north of Antigo, but they fill up REALLY fast [and don't take reservations] --- especially with this being a Holiday weekend, or we'd probably go there ourselves [this weekend]!
    There's another smaller, remote campground called Shingle Mill between Gleason & Rhinelander - right off Hwy 17- that's on the four-wheeling trails. No beach or anything, though. I've never camped there myself, but my BIL does often since they have four-wheelers. I believe it's only $10 a night and firewood is provided. Not in Antigo, but something to keep in mind if you're looking for something on the trails any other time. :)
    As for attractions, I can't really think of anything in particular around Antigo, unfortunately. There's a nice walking trail in town there [with a disc golf course, too], but hmmm ... nothing else really comes to mind right now.
    Where ever you end up, I hope you have a great time! I am SO ready for camping season myself; I can't wait to go this weekend! Hopefully we get nice weather! *crosses fingers*