First Charm

Options
grapeeyes1
grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
What is or what will be your first charm.

Replies

• underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I am town between 3 charms right now that I saw. A heart because I love hearts, a dolphin because I love dolphins, or a chocolate chip cookie because sweets are my weakness and I am doing so well by containing myself from them! I hope to lose a total of 10 lbs by the end of this week which means I get 2 charms!
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I found my charm bracelet and my first charm at WalMart tonight....apparently Hallmark makes charm bracelets, and they are really cute (woo-hoo!). My first charm is a white bead with little rhinestones all over it (I love anything sparkly). :) I'll wear my bracelet every day, and every time I look at it I can be proud of the weight I've lost. They had a cat charm that was really cute too, so I'll go back for it when I've lost 10 lbs. :)
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    @ Underthecherry.... seems like you will only have to choose between 2 because you will get 2!

@ Krystie ..... I missed seeing the Hallmark charm bracelets. I bet its really nice. I will have to check them out. I have been getting my charms in craft sections.

So far I have an Angel for my first one (to watch over me for this process), and a butterfly to signify my transformation, and a key (to my success). Tink gave me the ideas for the bracelets and I just love it and thought it would be cool for others too.
  • ChelleChelle77
    ChelleChelle77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My bracelet is from hallmark and love it. They have really cute spacers too! I love the idea of the angel. I think that will have to be my first too.
  • aerinayden
    aerinayden Posts: 5
    Options
    I just went to JoAnn's today and got my charms. My first is a butterfly; they have special meanings to me. I bought a mid way point one because my son requested that I do. He said I would have something to look forward to, and it is a horseshoe (he adores horses). I also have one more that I can't wait until I can add it. It is my last one. It is a ribbon that says "Good Job" on it. I know I'll earn it by the time I can put that on. I know that if I have those two extra, it will act as an extra motivator. I can't afford to waste money, so I know I'll put in the work so I didn't waste the money on something that is special.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    I just went to JoAnn's today and got my charms. My first is a butterfly; they have special meanings to me. I bought a mid way point one because my son requested that I do. He said I would have something to look forward to, and it is a horseshoe (he adores horses). I also have one more that I can't wait until I can add it. It is my last one. It is a ribbon that says "Good Job" on it. I know I'll earn it by the time I can put that on. I know that if I have those two extra, it will act as an extra motivator. I can't afford to waste money, so I know I'll put in the work so I didn't waste the money on something that is special.

I got a bunch at Joannes too, I missed the good job one. I also bought some at Hobby Lobby. Good to have them ready for when you have earned it. I also like that I have something to look forward to.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Holly and I are doing ours together, so we have the same charms. I love everyone's choices for charms and the meaning s behind them. This is so cool!! Wonderful!
  • DebbieLOL
    DebbieLOL Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Still shopping for my charms. I put a couple bids on some on eBay. Hey, we were talking about scale charms & I found one on Charmfactory.com for $5.89. There's also one that says "Patience" which I'll probably be needing <tee hee>.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Still shopping for my charms. I put a couple bids on some on eBay. Hey, we were talking about scale charms & I found one on Charmfactory.com for $5.89. There's also one that says "Patience" which I'll probably be needing <tee hee>.

Oh wow, thank you! I am definitely going to check those out! I need a lot of patience too!
  • Chrism740
    Chrism740 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get a bracelet and get started. I have lost 7 already, and hope to lose 3 more before the weekend so I can buy 2 when I go shopping.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Soon you will have that bracelet filled up!
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My first 'charm' is actually going to be my bracelet. I will be buying myself a double wrap leather bracelet from pandora, and from there I will add charms :) I'll be able to save up between charms... once I hit about 150 my weightloss slows to a crrrrraaaawwwwlllll BUT I am OK with that as long as it STAYS off this time!!

590705CPE-D__35512_std.jpg
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Nice!
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    I just joined this group (thanks to Reese) and went out and got my bracelet and my first charm today! Was so excited. The lady at the Kay's Jewelry place was like "Is this a gift?" I told her no and then told her why I'm getting it and she thought it was such a cool idea too.

2012-06-01_15-21-51_986.jpg

It's a lonely charm right now, but come June 30th I hope to give it a little buddy to hang with. :D
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Oh Pink, that is gorgeous. I just love it. WTG!
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    Thanks! ;)
  • SusieLamon
    SusieLamon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I saw a very pretty 4 leaf clover yesterday. I am thinking seriously about it for my first good luck charm! :happy:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My bracelet is a Pinktober bracelet from the Hard Rock Cafe. It came with 6 charms on it already, so I'm just now starting to wear it
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    That is great Shell. I can't wait to see it!
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group (thanks to Reese) and went out and got my bracelet and my first charm today! Was so excited. The lady at the Kay's Jewelry place was like "Is this a gift?" I told her no and then told her why I'm getting it and she thought it was such a cool idea too.

2012-06-01_15-21-51_986.jpg

It's a lonely charm right now, but come June 30th I hope to give it a little buddy to hang with. :D

It's very nice Tina!! You will be adding more and more and it won't be lonely for long!! :smile: