Hi I'm Mare.

Options
As I searched the list of "groups", there was nothing for 60+. What?? we don't need to lose? I' m 61 and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1994 after months and months of tests to rule out everything else. Due to the chronic pain I have clilnical depression. That said...I'm actually a happy person. Unfortunately, my exercise everyday consists of recliner to couch to recliner to couch. Help with exercise motivation would be much appreciated. After a 15 minute-1/2 mile walk, I feel energized and light of spirit. The trouble is, putting one foot in front if the other and getting out the door. Anyone have any surefire help? I look forward to reading all of you posts and keeping in touch.

Replies

• msette1
    msette1 Posts: 4
    Options
    hi i am malissa in answer to your guestion u just have to make yourself do it get a picture of yourself when u were th size u would like to b again and keep it in easy reach by that recliner i have to do this myself i am 43 but just had major back surgery last september. it wasnt my first i have a lot of hardware in my neck and back this last surgery has changed the way i walk so is putting a lot of pressure on my knees and hips. i know how painful it can b to just walk. if all u can do right now is walk for 15 minutes than thats all u can do increase it slowly until u can do more. my friend Jason is my insperation he has loat almost 80 lbs in less than a year he is helping me to get off my butt and do things for ME i am new here too i hope we can be friends
  • Marep50
    Marep50 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. The picture thing is a great idea. I'm sorry you are having trouble physicaly. Is there hope for improvement?
  • msette1
    msette1 Posts: 4
    Options
    just trying to get my muscles back to working order again lol the surgery was deffinately worth it . i used to have to take narcotics to make it thru the day but not anymore i am limited movement from side to side but i can still bend over thankfully its just getting used to walking a little differently my back is finally straight ( scoleosis ) so now the rest of my body is protesting lol should get better with time . i have a really great surgion that doesnt take any guff from me and has made it very clear that if i mess up his work he wont do it again lol i can b a little stuburn lol :happy: