EAT THE "FULL AMOUNT OF CALS" INSANITY SAYS TOO!

Options
secretgirl4611
secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
Ok, I know when I started Insanity 20 days ago. I was only eating 1200-1300 per day... and I was still finding my stomach being hungry..
I worked out the math part of it all in the nutrition plan and Shaun T wants me to eat 1900!!!
At first I was like, WTF? How then would I lose weight? wouldn't I gain weight??
BUT THE ANSWER IS NO! NOPE NO NO NOPE! NOT AT ALL!!
INFACT, your body will start to lose weight just the way its suppose to with the program...

If you start out being too scared to up your calories the way he tells you too, you might get results but not major ones and your body will tell you when its hungry..ALWAYS LISTEN TO UR BODY!
Basically my eyes are opened..
I thought ok, gonna go on a DIET gonna workout, gonna eat less... IT WILL ONLY WORK FOR AWHILE..THEN IT WILL WORK AGAINST YOU...
THE REAL RESULTS ARE WHEN YOU EAT EXACTLY HOW MANY CALORIES INSANITY TELLS YOU TOO....

I honestly do not follow the meal part of the nutrition plan to a perfect T, I still eat things I like and whatnot.. I now consume my 1900 calories per day and I'm LOSING WEIGHT! Faster then when I was only eating 1400 per day.. so the proof is listen to what Shaun T says Im sure he knows what hes doin in this program.. :)

+ Think of it this way: If you are eating 1400 then u minus your 500 to lose 1 pound per week, you are only eating 900 calories per day!!! OUCH wayyy too low, and for those of you EATING LOWER than 1400 wow! you are eating even lower than that!!

JUST TRY IT AND IT WORKS.. IF NOT WELL THEN U PROB WONT SEE THE MAJOR CHANGES U WERE HOPING TO SEE..

Replies

• amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just receive my insanity workouts in the mail and look to start May 28th (more time in the summer since I work at a school). You said don't follow the meals, did you use any of them? What sorts of things do you eat, I am just trying to get an idea of things that I should try to incorporate and ideas of other foods to try (60 days will get long if I just eat those meals too, there are a lot of things I don't really like to eat on the plan).
  • secretgirl4611
    Options
    Well I dont follow it perfectly, But I still do try and incorporate the things he says to eat just not exactly in his meal Ideas:
    But some of the things I do eat from his plan are:

Pro oat meal
    Fruit and cottage cheese
    protein smoothies
    egg white breakfast wrap in a whole wheat tortilla
    cereal bowl
    peanut butter toast

turkey BLT
    chicken ranch wrap
    protein pizza muffin
    turkey burger

then after that I just make my own Ideas and or still just eat things I like even if they are not a part of the plan :)
  • amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Do you use shakeology or some other drink? Just curious about it. Also, did you change any settings on here to get the 1900 calories (thats what I am to have also) a day or do you just log your exercise? Right now I think I am only at around 1200 calories plus workout calories (havn't started the program yet, just doing my normal workouts right now).
  • GMazarie
    GMazarie Posts: 4
    Options
    So I am borrowing insanity from a friend and I don't know how many calories I am supposed to be eating. How can I figure this out? I am 5'0, 23 yrs old, and 114 pounds. Also do you guys think that working out outside of the insanity workouts is too much?
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Google insanity nutrition guide, you can download the nutrition plan in a PDF
  • jmm27
    jmm27 Posts: 34
    Options
    So I am borrowing insanity from a friend and I don't know how many calories I am supposed to be eating. How can I figure this out? I am 5'0, 23 yrs old, and 114 pounds. Also do you guys think that working out outside of the insanity workouts is too much?

You can do other types of exercising outside of insanity BUT its crazy intense so be careful not to push your body too hard. You need to let it recover once its broke down, especially in the first month. The second month is where you really get a butt whoopin'! lol
  • amandamotley
    Options
    Do you use shakeology or some other drink? Just curious about it. Also, did you change any settings on here to get the 1900 calories (thats what I am to have also) a day or do you just log your exercise? Right now I think I am only at around 1200 calories plus workout calories (havn't started the program yet, just doing my normal workouts right now).

I'm using regular whey protein. And yes, I changed my settings - but if you're using the # insanity gives you, I don't think you're supposed to eat your exercise calories back in addition (because the Insanity calculation is already accounting for your exercise). So when I log in, I just concentrate on the food # and ignore what it says my goal is. Or I guess you could just not log your exercise, but I like to have that to reference. :)
  • secretgirl4611
    Options

I'm using regular whey protein. And yes, I changed my settings - but if you're using the # insanity gives you, I don't think you're supposed to eat your exercise calories back in addition (because the Insanity calculation is already accounting for your exercise). So when I log in, I just concentrate on the food # and ignore what it says my goal is. Or I guess you could just not log your exercise, but I like to have that to reference. :)

THIS ^ yea if Insanity says to eat 1900 per day just eat that.. no more and no less :) even if mfp says u earned more calories or not..
  • johnscortes
    johnscortes Posts: 16
    Options
    I do it the same way but different :) I think?? MFP says I get to eat around 1600cals to lose 1lb per week or so..after I do insanity I usually earn another 600-800 cal from the workout. so my totals for the day are right around.. 2100-2400 cals or so.. down 14 lbs since I started .. today is week three Fit test for me.. :) Is it the same as eating between 400- 500 cals per meal for 5 meals.? I don't not see a difference..? am I missing something ..? am I still getting between 2100- 2400 cals per day? on my rest day I try to stay close to the MFP cals.. I usually do some upper body weight training. and burn another 300 - 500 cal.. One thing I have noticed since doing Insanity, Is my other workouts / activities Swimming, Weights, Martial arts, Cycling, all of which have taken a back seat for the next 60 days, When I do them, are much better..!
  • secretgirl4611
    Options
    ^ Nope sounds like your right on track cuz your prob still eating as much as Insanity wants you too, I know guys are supose to eat anywhere from 2600-3000 calories per day being the 3000 for round 2 month 2 when you eat more.. But no one says you have to eat that much. I suppose if u are losing weight and you feeeel good and are doin goooood then your doin just fine.. HEY be happy ur a guy cuz damn it! haha Im starting month 2 on Monday and I barely lost 4 pounds.. But this time around Im gonna follow the plan the best I can.. the best part of it all is, I can do pushups like a mad man eh hem woman lol but still and im gettin strong for sure.. Most of which I built muscle instead of losing more fat but yea its okk :) KEEP DOIN WHAT UR DOIN! SOUNDS GOOOOD!
  • johnscortes
    Options
    Thanks you after talking/ reading your input...I did more research and, as you said :) I am supposed to be eating even more !! supposed to be at 3100 cal per-day (- 500 ) Soo 2600 to lose...So I have upped my cal intake .. Still feels like to much but I will give it a go haven't lost any lbs after the first two weeks..it came off fast.. !! On week 3 now.. getting stronger for sure. and notice more intensity during some parts of the workout . Thanks again I think I dialed in now..
  • johnscortes
    Options
    Keep going.. Spontaneous, no cheating :) I have cheated a bit lol but no more.,.I think women tend to put on muscle and lose fat from what i seen on some of the results most of the women look lean but strong and great muscle tone Weigh about the same.. or a little less ...some are crazy strong !! Which is great I think.. never quit
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    if insanity tells me to eat 1800 calories, is this net calories after excercise?
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You can find online insanity calculators that has excel spreadsheet
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Insanity calculator tells you to eat the calories based on the fact your are doing insanity. So if you are at 1900 thats what you need to do to lose the weight you plugged in. The online calculator at team beach body may be easier to use. With that you dont eat calories back you just eat what it tell you too in addition to doing the workout. Hope that helps. Im 5'9 and my recommeded is 2100...Hard as heck to eat that many calories but the earlier your day starts the more time you have to get em in.