Introductions

Options
corrine1973
corrine1973 Posts: 209 Member
Hey my name is Corrine and I love everything Disney Related. Walt Disney World is one of my favorite place. I have been there 3 times and am very excited about the trip I am already planning on taking with my daughter next year. And though there are many reasons that I am trying to get healthier and lose weight, I must admite that looking good for the Photpass pictures next summer is on that list. 368 days until my next Disney trip. My goal is to lose another 40 lbs before than. :-)

Replies

• Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im leaving for a Disney cruise this friday....i also just started mfp last week so im looking to try and still loose weight while im on vacation....I bought a Pedometer so im trying it out now and see how much it goes up at the day we do disney.
    My husband, 2 children and I take some kind of dinsey vacation every year so im always looking forward to the next one :)
  • corrine1973
    Options
    Im leaving for a Disney cruise this friday....i also just started mfp last week so im looking to try and still loose weight while im on vacation....I bought a Pedometer so im trying it out now and see how much it goes up at the day we do disney.
    My husband, 2 children and I take some kind of dinsey vacation every year so im always looking forward to the next one :)

Welcome to the group. :-) I am so jealous that you are going on a Disney Cruise in just a couple of days. I hope you have a great time and loose weight to boot. :-)
  • mommy2caroline
    Options
    I'm Angela and we are going to Disney in October. We went for a very short vist this past December and I didn't like the way I looked in the photos either. I'm hoping to get under 200 lbs. by October.
  • corrine1973
    Options
    I'm Angela and we are going to Disney in October. We went for a very short vist this past December and I didn't like the way I looked in the photos either. I'm hoping to get under 200 lbs. by October.

Hey Angela, welcome to the group. I know exactly what you are talking about. I went to WDW last March and when I look at the pics I was so upset with myself. It looks as if we also have similar goals in mind. Good luck with your weight loss and can't wait to hear more about your trip. :-)
  • Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah i really love disney whenever we go i usually loose weight from all the walking but this time its a cruise so we shall see :)...i also like to scrapbook but usually leave out pictures of myself because i dont like them....so now my books are filled with my husband and our kids having a great time lol
  • suziesoule
    suziesoule Posts: 13
    Options
    We are going in 9 days and I am trying to lose 6 pounds in that time. Of course, I plan to eat it back at Disney. We already have reservations for Liberty Tree. That place is like comfort food heaven. Maybe the walking we do there will counteract the food!!
  • CMSfit
    CMSfit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We love Disney! I grew up there, but moved away when I was 17 and did not return until I was thirty...something. We go every year now. We were there in March and will not return until October 2013. My goal is to take off the weight and keep it off! For about 10 years my goal weight was my normal...but it has not been in about 3 yrs. I want my goal weight to be my normal again!!!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    We are planning our 3rd trip to Disney for Christmas time this year! Our last trip was 9/10 and I had just lost 54lb right before we left! Sadly I have gained some of it back over the last year and a half and now I'm trying to lose it again before we go on this trip! I have about 6 mths to lose 10lb which doesn't sound that hard but it has been a struggle every day for the past 6-7mth I keep gaining and losing the same 3-5lb and can't break the pattern and get below a certain number! Good luck to us all and just think of the reward in the end......DISNEYWORLD!!!
  • kfink426
    kfink426 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello everyone! I love Disney!!!

In June of 2010 I visited Disneyland in California while attending a wedding, then in October of 2010 went to Disney World for my Honeymoon. We spent 10 days there - stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort. I'm going back this October for my 2nd Anniversary, staying at Port Orleans.

I gained a good 10 lbs while there last time. I ate, and ate, and ATE. Damn meal plan, LOL. My favorite meals were the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian, and the restaurant in Mexico in Epcot. I'm definitely hitting both up again, as well as The Royal Table. And unlike my last time there, I plan on doing more exercise - swimming more, walking more, etc.
  • dmgeurts
    dmgeurts Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! :)

For those of you that don't know me - I go by D~ where ever I am... And I seem to be in lots of places at once. :)

I am a total Disney addict... Currently - I don't have any "official" trips planned - but I have lots of imaginary ones going on at any and all times.

My girls and I just returned from a 10 day stay at POFQ - we loved it and hope to go back soon! However, after seeing all my awful vaca pics - it prompted me to kick up my fitness routine (ahem - OK - start my fitness routine) and just try to take better care of myself. I am determined to take another trip with my girls (hopefully spring break 2013), and I am determined to feel better when I go - and intend to look pretty darn good when I get there.

Thanks Corri for starting this awesome group! What a fantastic idea! And Oopsi - I am so happy to see you here too!

D~ <--- who must get back to her sewing room...
  • lisars135
    lisars135 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi! I was just at Disney World three weeks ago. We go every year and it would be so nice to be healthy and fit by next springs trip. It was really hard huffing it around the parks this year. I had foot surgery in January and that on top of my larger size really made it difficult. I had to rest more often this year.
    Also, when I'm there I always see these women who are constantly in work out gear that look AMAZING! Some moms some not but they ALL look so fit and happy. Don't get me wrong I'm BEYOND HAPPY when I'm there but I would love to go next year and experience it on the level of happiness that you have to get from being physically capable of enjoying every single second. IT'S GOTTA FEEL GOOD! *sigh*
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alison,

My sister and I inherited a Disney Vacation Club timeshare from our Mom in 2000 and both our families are headed down for 8 wonderful days on June 14th. This will be our 2nd family trip there and am so looking forward to it. Our condo is at the Old Key West resort and it's just so beautiful there. When you check in the first thing they say to you is "welcome home"! It is glorious! Both our girls graduated this year - college and high school and when we check in they're going to get a small surprise, not sure what, but they ask if there are any special occasions.

I've been on here since last July, but got really serious about exercise in January. I just started a new account this month. I have not lost alot of weight, 13 lbs the last time I got on the scale, which I hate doing and was over2 months ago. But, I have lost many, many inches and am down almost 2 sizes. I am feeling much more fit and am positive I'll be able to handle the hot & humid temps in FL in June.

We're not too worried about going to the parks, been to them so many times and our girls are grown so if they want to go, have at it! Typhoon Lagoon is a MUST...so great there! We're going to definately go to Universal to see Harry Potter and most likely Epcot in the evening. I do love Hollywood too, OH man and the Magic Kingdom! Three weeks Cannot Wait!!!
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    www.DisneyInsider@disneyonline.go.com

here's a cool newsletter from disney
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Brittany and my boyfriend and I are planning on going to Florida and Disney World next year around March. I've been there 4 times and LOVE it! I maybe 27 but every time I go I feel 7. :)

He has never been there and has never seen the ocean! So I plan on taking him to both. I'm hoping to be at my goal weight this fall. Currently 213, GW is 150. And then tone and look fab in a bikini by then.

I'm excited and it's definitely a motivator!
  • jennylea16
    jennylea16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Jen and we are planning on going to Disney in November. I love it there! I have 2 kids, 6 and 3 and I love to see the fun they have! Not sure were we will be staying yet, my parents are going to give us a week from their time share. My goal is to be 160 lbs by then. That's about 6 lbs a month. Going to give it my best!!
  • sabrinamunin
    Options
    Hi! I'm brand new here -this is my first post, but I just HAD to join this group!

I'm Amy, and Walt Disney World is my happy place! I'm not sure when I'll be able to go again due to money issues, but my family is hoping to go in the spring and I'm really trying to save up so I can join them. My sisters and I went annually between 2000 and 2010, with various other friends and family joining us for most of the trips. Our trip in 2000 was our first real Disney trip as adults, and I was at my thinnest ever, about a size 8. I have unfortunately gained back all the 60 pounds I'd lost then plus some, but I'd really love to get as much off as possible before I go there again. In 2000, I had no blisters on my feet, was able to rush toward Space Mountain without my legs burning with no huffing and puffing, and didn't have to turn sideways to squeeze through turnstiles. I wore cute shorts and breezy light tops and didn't have to worry too much about the dreaded thigh and bra-strap chafing. I could carry a bag without feeling like it made me even bigger and more dumpy looking, as it hung across my chest comfortably rather than awkwardly digging in and emphasizing my lumpiness. I found it hard to choose between the many cute t-shirts available to buy. I need to dig out photos from that trip and put them up as inspiration, I think!

I'm 9 pounds down from mid-April, and able to handle a bit more exercise each day. I can't wait to go back to Disney World - and NOT be plus sized!
  • bamtater
    bamtater Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sandie, and I, too, love Disney like the rest of you. I went as a kid, and I didn't really enjoy it. It wasn't what I expected. However, I took my kids for one day in 2007, and we loved it! We've done two full week family vacations since then, and we have our next one scheduled for the last week of August this year.

Funny that someone mentioned using a photo as inspiration. We last went in 2010, and I was 18 pounds lighter. Then I went to nursing school, and I put the weight back on. I have a picture hanging on my refrigerator from that trip to Disney for inspiration and encouragement. Hopefully it works.
  • corrine1973
    Options
    We are going in 9 days and I am trying to lose 6 pounds in that time. Of course, I plan to eat it back at Disney. We already have reservations for Liberty Tree. That place is like comfort food heaven. Maybe the walking we do there will counteract the food!!

Welcom to the group!! Only 9 days more until your next trip to Disney, I am so excited for you. Good luck with those 6 pounds, it's going to be hard work but I know you can do it. I know what you mean about eat it back at Disney. The food is soooo good. LOL. Hopefully with all the walking will help.
  • corrine1973
    Options
    We love Disney! I grew up there, but moved away when I was 17 and did not return until I was thirty...something. We go every year now. We were there in March and will not return until October 2013. My goal is to take off the weight and keep it off! For about 10 years my goal weight was my normal...but it has not been in about 3 yrs. I want my goal weight to be my normal again!!!

Hey girl, glad you excepted my invite. To bad our trips don't overlap this next year, it would have been great to see you and the family again. Oh well, maybe in the future. I know you can get that weight off, we can do this together.
  • corrine1973
    Options
    We are planning our 3rd trip to Disney for Christmas time this year! Our last trip was 9/10 and I had just lost 54lb right before we left! Sadly I have gained some of it back over the last year and a half and now I'm trying to lose it again before we go on this trip! I have about 6 mths to lose 10lb which doesn't sound that hard but it has been a struggle every day for the past 6-7mth I keep gaining and losing the same 3-5lb and can't break the pattern and get below a certain number! Good luck to us all and just think of the reward in the end......DISNEYWORLD!!!

Welcome to the Group!! Disney for Christmas, sounds practically perfect in everyway. Good luck with those 10lbs, I know you can do it. I am loving the end reward. Disney World!!!