Advice

Options
My soon to be husband and I are going to be going to DW for the first time for our honeymoon in November! We are both VERY excited and are trying to get in shape for the trip!

Do you have any advice of things we must do/see/taste/etc. while we're there?

Replies

• andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Depends on when in November!

If it is still going on, def. hit up the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot!
    Tip- wear your pins everywhere! The CM's pay attention! You'll get pins when you arrive or check in that say you're celebrating or are just married!
  • CatMadrid
    CatMadrid Posts: 2
    Options
    We are going to be there the 13-20
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The Food & Wine Festival will have just finished...I think it ends the 11th.

You might get to enjoy the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights,
    Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (need special tickets for this event)

My husband and I really enjoyed Cirque de Soleil in downtown Disney area.

Also if you can swing it since it is your honeymoon splurge for a Signature restaurant...we absolutely loved Victoria and Albert's, reserve in advanced.
    It's worth every penny. It's definitely an experience you'll never forget....definitely for a celebration (honeymoon, anniversary, engagement, etc.)

If you can't get in there...try California Grill try to get a time close to firework time. awesome food and views.
    Another one people love but I haven't tried yet is Le Cellier in the Canada pavilion, Les Chefs de Paris (France pavilion), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge) Narcosse's is another popular spot i have yet to venture to.
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have gone down on Thanksgiving for the past two years. There are so many things to see! I believe Hollywood Studios will have the Osbourne lights which is a MUST SEE! And then for food I recommend Le Celier. I ended up getting a reservation 8 days before we went. I checked everyday and this one just happen to open up and i booked ASAP! We had dinner that night at 8:30 but it was great because when we got out the park had closed so my fiance and I just took our time strolling out of the park. It was like it was all ours :)

And we played mini golf which was awesome too I recommend if you have time to do that.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Another one people love but I haven't tried yet is Le Cellier in the Canada pavilion,

We love Cirque de Soleil! Our favorite place to eat is Le Cellier. It can get a little spendy but usually we get the dinning plan. If you haven't seen it catch Fantasmic it's an awesome show at Hollywood Studios.

Wear your pins and if they don't give the, to you all you have to do is ask for some. They're free and CM's will make comments your entire trip!

Fnd a photo pass person and get some fun pics in front of the castle. Some of the photo pass photographers are fun and will help you with cute poses. Some of our favorite pics are the funn or cute ones they take. However we purchase the DVD of pics so we take lots of pics over the entire trip. That way we can make a photo book and as many prints as we want (way cheaper since we take so many).

The new fantasyland addition is suppose to be finished some time around the holidays. If it is check that out! Some has already opened plus more in July.

Get to the parks early for rope drop. You'll be glad you did! Crowds get crazy in the afternoon so in the mornings you can mostly walk onto rides.

Ps- a good packing tip is brininging a shoe holder that hangs on the door. It gives you lots of "pockets" to store things in to help you keep your room organized.

You can also check out DIS boards. It's full if Dianey tips and lots of us Dianey nuts!

Most importantly enjoy yourself!
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fnd a photo pass person and get some fun pics in front of the castle. Some of the photo pass photographers are fun and will help you with cute poses. Some of our favorite pics are the funn or cute ones they take. However we purchase the DVD of pics so we take lots of pics over the entire trip. That way we can make a photo book and as many prints as we want (way cheaper since we take so many).

Ps- a good packing tip is brininging a shoe holder that hangs on the door. It gives you lots of "pockets" to store things in to help you keep your room organized.

There's now photopass plus...which gives you some of your ride photos...and it's cheaper if you pre-purchase.

That is an awesome packing tip! I will be using it for sure. 90% of the time we empty out our pockets with all the things and we have to run back to our room because something was left!
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Another one people love but I haven't tried yet is Le Cellier in the Canada pavilion,

We love Cirque de Soleil! Our favorite place to eat is Le Cellier. It can get a little spendy but usually we get the dinning plan. If you haven't seen it catch Fantasmic it's an awesome show at Hollywood Studios.

Wear your pins and if they don't give the, to you all you have to do is ask for some. They're free and CM's will make comments your entire trip!

The new fantasyland addition is suppose to be finished some time around the holidays. If it is check that out! Some has already opened plus more in July.

Get to the parks early for rope drop. You'll be glad you did! Crowds get crazy in the afternoon so in the mornings you can mostly walk onto rides.

You can also check out DIS boards. It's full if Dianey tips and lots of us Dianey nuts!

Most importantly enjoy yourself!

Also bring a pop up laundry basket! It's flat enough to fit in luggage for the trip down, but easy to use to hold clothes!
  • Kel92676
    Kel92676 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My husband and I pack half as much clothes as we need. Halfway through our trip, we spend a couple hours by the pool while doing our laundry.

Don't forget to look for hidden Mickeys! They're everywhere!