Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
Is this group doing anyone, any good??

Replies

• _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. It reminds me not to go nuts on the weekends so my numbers aren't horrible when I weigh in on mondays!
  • chipschipstl
    Options
    Oh definitely. It is keeping me accountable- you have no idea. This group has kept me more motivated and active than I ever would have on my own. Any other time if I had hit a wall like this I would have crapped out for a few months. This is the first time I've ever pushed through and it's totally because of the support I've found on this group.

Sorry to be an over the top cheerleader, it has just REALLY helped me out!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I know that I've been "off" for about a month or so due to personal issues (my dog died, my inlaws came to visit and then my husband had to go away for work for a month) but I love the accountability of this group.
  • sray30
    sray30 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know Ive been hit or miss the past few rounds but I think I've got my stuff straight now. Seeing my name with those pretty yellow highlights beside it the past two weeks is even more motivation and determination to keep going.

However, I may not have good numbers this week My husband and I went to a meat market over the weekend and got some cheese stuffed bratwursts and OMG it was heaven in my mouth! I haven't eaten anything like that in awhile. And then we went to see the Avengers and I tried to fight it but I had to get a small thing of popcorn....with butter.

O well. Gotta enjoy every once in awhile or I'll go crazy.

But yes, this groups helps me and thank you for managing it week after week.
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes I like this group a lot even though I'm gaining weight!!! That's due to my own thing I've got going on here (quit smoking, upping calories, lots of bad weekends with special events) and I'm trying to regulate it and get back in the right direction.

What is ONE thing you will do REALLY well between now and Monday's weigh in? I will exercise at least 3 of the next 5 days!!! There, I wrote it, so I must do it. How about you?
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    This group gives me a place to post progress or halts, and that in itself is motivating considering where I started. Seeing people getting highlights for losing motivates me to get on that highlight list again, too. :tongue:
  • CHUBBYLOVLEY
    CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This group reminds me to ONLY weigh in on Mondays. Its kind of hard when you work in a building with 160+ scales in it and your compulsivity is to weigh in everyday. Thanks Rach for taking the time to do this every week. It is truley appreciated :flowerforyou:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I definitely got alot out of the group when I was tracking religiously. It kept me from going too crazy on the weekends because I knew about the dang Monday WI. Weekends are my downfall. Right now I'm working on getting life reorganized to the point that I can focus on my eating and working out. I'm almost there. I like popping in here and seeing how everyone is doing and cheering you all on.
  • GildedLily08
    GildedLily08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm brand new to the site and the group. I chose Pin Up Girls as my group because you guys are obviously supportive and because when I typed in the word "elegant" for Group search, guess which one popped up? I am determined to lose these pounds that have been weighing me (sorry for the really bad pun) down for a few years. I'm tired of it and want to turn over a new leaf. Besides when I got out my spring& summer clothes the other day I saw those really cute skirts and dresses that I keep moving from one closet to the other. I'm ready to get them on! Thanks for listening.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day or Happy Monday (depending on where you are)!

I am back in the game this week. I learned over the weekend that an event I am going to in July is going to be taped for a national TV show. *gulp* There aren't going to be a ton of people there so there is a very good chance I'll be on TV, if only for a minute. Now THAT's motivation to get my sorry behind off the couch and doing something.

This is a crazy week for me. Work, daughter's dentist appt, DH has work obligations, heading to Maine for a family wedding with my sister, and then a family party on DH's side the next day. I'm honestly considering taking my sneakers to Maine with me to run in the morning (I only run on the treadmill typically) BUT, I'm determined to do this. It also helps that the event I'm going to is the same week as my 39th birthday. Oh boy.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I like the accountability too. I have also been going through some personal issues at home. I'm have been taking care of my ex-husband for over 7 years and he is near death now due to cancer. He is at the point where the only things that sound good to eat for him is sweets. I have also been indulging right along with him. I decided to have "regular" meals today as, believe it or not, I am sick of eating brownies, pie, ice cream, and french toast. Ugh. He seems to get some enjoyment out of me eating right along with him, but I told him I need to stop. He agrees I should do what's best for me instead of trying to encourage him by eating junk. Hopefully, I can get back to where I was. I was so good for the first 3 months this year. Here's to everyone getting back on the wagon!!:drinker: :happy:

Edit: Oh, and Rach, I totally appreciate the work you do to keep track for us. However, I would understand if you need a break too. Thanks...you're a peach! :flowerforyou:
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    After a broken finger and a bad ankle, I've been eating at maintenance to give myself a rest.

So back on the game for me. Needed to take some time to take care of myself, and stop injuring myself.

delilah- I'm sorry about your situation, and at least he understands you've got to be taking care of yourself too.

lunamare- that's exciting! getting on tv. oh dear, that would scare me, but haha yes it's got to be great motivation.

paris- welcome! i think this is one of the nicest groups i've ever been a part of

RachV - as always thank you for what you do!