Question

Options
ybbuhc
ybbuhc Posts: 10 Member
Is it possible, after years of abusing my body with "diets" such as minimal eating, atkins etc. that it will adjust to this, eating to lose??? It all makes sense and I really enjoy my exercise alone with eating healthy, particulary since I never feel deprived. This is something I feel confident I can do long term. I am looking to lose around 20 pounds. Thank you all in advance for your replies! :smile:

Replies

• ffionblundell
    Options
    Yes! As long as you feel happy with your fitness plan it should all go well :smile: especially if you are a member of this group as we can all encourage each other!
    Good luck and I hope it all goes well :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    yes , it is totally possible for your body to adapt!! i am a total product of different fad diets. I USED TO STOP EATING FOR WEEKS AT A TIME, and this started when i was 11 or 12 years old. i always thought i was fat and honestly, the starving myself is what made me gain. in my adult life, i would work so much that i would only eat a decent meal maybe once a day or i would try diet pills and just drink a few sips of water a day, but then i ran into the FOOD LOVERS PROGRAM and i liked the concept of the program. i then started eating something at least one hr after i wake up, then snacking (200 calories) every two hours in between meals, and ensuring dinner was before 7 or 8pm everyday. i drink at least 14 cups of water a day and watch my sodium and fat intake and here i am today! i started at 278lbs and i am down to 214lbs and still trying to pump along!!!

Hope this helps! Logging and consistency are the best when it comes to this journey!! YOU CAN SOOO DO THIS!!!! :)
  • ybbuhc
    ybbuhc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much for answering! I'm going to give this my all! Actually I measured today (couldn"t wait until friday) and I'M DOWN IN ALL 6 AREAS!!! Slow but sure...that's how it went on'''so thats how WE WILL get it off. What a good feeling. Keep up the good work ya'll!! :wink:
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! good for you!!! It will indeed melt away!!! Don't give up hope!!! :)