Your next Trip: When are you going? Where are you staying?

Options
corrine1973
corrine1973 Posts: 209 Member
I am planning my next trip at the end of May of 2013. May 26th-June2 to be exact. It is still to early to book, but I already have money in savings waiting for the time when I can make it official. I am still up in the air about where to stay. I woud kind of like to stay at Art of Animtion but we could only stay at the Little Mermid section (my daughter would love this) but it is the furthest from the bus stop. Pop is also a consideration. Loved it in 2011 when I went with my eldest son. There are also some Mod's I would love to stay at, but that all depends on any pins i might get. My head hurts.:noway: LOL

Replies

• CMSfit
    CMSfit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Our next trip is planned for October 2013. We have always gone in March, but Spring Break was just TOO CROWDED this year! We are giving Fall Break a try next year. Our kids are on the year round school schedule, so they get two weeks for SB and two weeks for Fall Break. We are hoping less folks get a Fall Break than Spring Break. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside this past March and fell in love with it. We will probably stay there again. We are a family of five, so our choices are a bit limited. To stay at a Value is actuallly more expensive for us since we have to have a family suite. At POR are standard rooms with a trundle bed. It fits us well!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    We are taking my 2 year old to WDW for the first time in September! (Free Dining! Yay!)

We are staying offsite one night (the day we drive down), and then we are staying at the Carribean Beach Resort for 3 nights!

I set a goal to lose at least 37 lbs before we left and I'm already down 22-23 lbs (depending on when I weigh)

I'm hoping to lose at least another 15 before we go! I don't want all of my son's Disney pics to have a fat mommy in them, lol!

I also want to be able to keep up!
  • pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I actualy don't know when I will be returning to Disney. I first need to secure a job, then start saving money. I would love to go sometime in May because I want to see the flower show at Epcot. When I do go back I will stay at an "All Star Resort" hotel. Most likely "All Star Movies". I've been to "All Star Music" and loved it I got to stay on Broadway which was my dream. I only need a place to sleep and shower.

I'm out of my room all day so I don't need anything fancy.

Paula
  • msrat1
    msrat1 Posts: 43
    Options
    My trip is the end of June and it is a motivator for me to get fit and shed some inches. I'm more excited than my kids....spending 4 days at Disney Resort and plan to enjoy every minute of it. We are staying at the CBR (Caribbean Resort) :glasses:
  • lisars135
    lisars135 Posts: 19
    Options
    Since, I was just there three weeks ago it'll be April/May 2013. Seems like forever. We have stayed on property and off. I love the Wilderness Lodge on property. It's such a beautiful place. Off property we stay at The Hampton Inn.
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Since I was just there in Dec (first time seeing it decorated for the holidays), I'm not sure when I'll be planning a trip back. I'm hoping maybe June 2013 since that will be our 20th wedding anniversary...even though the hubby is "anti Disney". My favorite time of year is Sept/Oct. The weather is still nice; the crowds are low; it's Halloween season (my favorite) and the Food & Wine Festival is going on at Epcot. I have been there too many times to count, but never stayed on property until the last 2 trips. In '09 we stayed at POP and in '11 we stayed at POR. Both are really nice, but as one poster stated....I only need a place to sleep and shower.

My dream is to work there. And I wish that I could go several times a year.
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Since I was just there in Dec (first time seeing it decorated for the holidays), I'm not sure when I'll be planning a trip back. I'm hoping maybe June 2013 since that will be our 20th wedding anniversary...even though the hubby is "anti Disney". My favorite time of year is Sept/Oct. The weather is still nice; the crowds are low; it's Halloween season (my favorite) and the Food & Wine Festival is going on at Epcot. I have been there too many times to count, but never stayed on property until the last 2 trips. In '09 we stayed at POP and in '11 we stayed at POR. Both are really nice, but as one poster stated....I only need a place to sleep and shower.

I want to work there someday too!!!!
  • bamtater
    bamtater Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Our next trip to Disney is the last week of August. We haven't gone for 2 years (I was in nursing school), so we are really excited. I'm working to get back to the weight I was at when we went summer 2010. We have stayed at All-Star Movies and Carribbean Beach. This year we are going to Port Orleans Riverside, and we have free dining! Yay!'

We love Disney.
  • dmgeurts
    dmgeurts Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My girls and I really want to have a "redo" of our Spring Break trip from March 2012. Ideally, we really want to go back in March of 2013... They have 10 days off of school for spring break... And I wouldn't hesitate to take them out for a few extra days ahead of time, so we would deal with lower crowds/better airfare prices.

And of course, we would stay at POFQ - they (and I) have no desire to stay anywhere else. We are praying for a free dining code - and if one is released, I am not sure that I could resist booking. LOL
  • mtaylor33557
    Options

I want to work there someday too!!!!

My husband is a mechanical engineer, and they happen to have 2 openings right now for in park engineers. I showed him the listings and he thought I was kidding! Granted, we would have to move 7 hours away and I'd have to find a new job.. but how cool would it be if he moved up in ranks (he's got tons of experience and his PE) and then I was married to an Imagineer?!

lol
  • Kel92676
    Kel92676 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going in April 2013 with my parents and my nieces. My parents are taking us! Yay! I believe the plan is to stay at the new Art of Animation resort, since the suites sleep 6. I'm so excited to see it. I've stayed at almost every Value and Moderate hotel and can't wait to stay somewhere new. The Flower and Garden Festival is beautiful that time of year. Makes for some gorgeous pictures. Now I just have to achieve a skinnier me to make nicer pictures!
  • sabrinamunin
    Options
    I don't know when I'll be able to go again yet, but my sister is talking about next spring. My birthday is in March so that would be nice - we've been for both my sisters' birthdays before but not mine. We do want to avoid spring breaks, though. We like to go when attendance is lower if we can.

We've talked about the family suites at Art of Animation - we most often take our RV's and camp at Fort Wilderness, but have also stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside. On our last trip it was only $90 more per person to stay there with the free dining plan than to stay at FW and pay for the dining plan, and we made most of that up in savings on gas driving down there AND cut an hour off the drive... so that was a no-brainer!

I kind of secretly would love to try and work up to walking (maybe with a bit of running if I'm able) the Princess Half Marathon in February, but I think even with this much time to train for it I probably wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm a slow walker, and they have a pace minimum. Maybe in 2014!
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    We are fortunate to have 2 trips planned. We are staying at Pop Century as a family in August 2012. And DH and I will stay at Dolphin in October 2012 for Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. Looking forward to both!!
  • mommy2caroline
    Options
    We are going in October. We are staying off site. We are going with my dad, 2 sisters and families (husban, BF, and 2 nieces). Friends of ours have a condo right near the park. You can see the fireworks from the balcony. It is going to save us a lot of money being there. Someday I would love to stay in the park. I am getting so excited and looking at different things we want to do there.
  • mtaylor33557
    Options
    We are going in October. We are staying off site. We are going with my dad, 2 sisters and families (husban, BF, and 2 nieces). Friends of ours have a condo right near the park. You can see the fireworks from the balcony. It is going to save us a lot of money being there. Someday I would love to stay in the park. I am getting so excited and looking at different things we want to do there.

That sounds awesome.. I would love a park view! We are staying on site to get free dining, but can't afford anything above a moderate. That's okay though, we're going to have a great time anyway!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Next trip is October 2013 for 11 days at POFQ. We wanted more time for Food and Wine Festival. This way we will have 3 full weekdays at Epcot! We do have a dining reservation for one of those days for Via Napoli though. Otherwise, it is all Food and Wine sampling for meals.
  • Astefanie
    Astefanie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe next year? I sure hope so. Our fave place to stay is the Coronado - Love it!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    We are BOOKED for next year! October 17-27 at POFQ with 8 day base tickets! Super excited. Now I just have to lose this weight before the trip so walking is easier and I like the pictures better.
  • CMSfit
    CMSfit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WOOOOHOOOO! So happy for you guys! Can't wait until we get to officially book our trip too!
  • DroppingAdiPose
    Options
    My new husband and I just got back from our Disney honeymoon in May and all we talk about is going back. We are thinking of doing it as a yearly thing. We are hoping to go back by the end of 2013. I just want to be in better shape this time.