New Diagnosis

Options
TeraJo
TeraJo Posts: 58 Member
Hi there. My name is Tera and I was just diagnosed with MS on April 27th. I am very fortunate as my MS was found early by accident as the neurologist was looking for a cause of my migraines when he spotted four lesions. After multiple other MRI's and a spinal tap my diagnosis was confirmed.

I hope to offer any support that I can and make some great friends along the way.

Thanks!

-Tera

Replies

• rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey Tera,
    Welcome to the club ;) You will find the people on here are awesome and its a great place to just vent sometimes with people that get it!

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!

-Rob
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi Tera and welcome. MS is an interesting challenge. So glad you found it early and seem to be on top of things so far. Always make your own health and it's care a top priority. Keep asking and pursuing the best care and the doctors you can. If something does not feel right...listen to your body. This is a great site. Lots of amazing people and awesome support. Feel free to ask anything you need or want to know. Wishing you all the best with MS and with success on MFP.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi Tera, I'm glad they were able to diagnose you quickly. It helps to know what is causing the problems - for me it makes things easier. Did the diagnosis help at all with the migraines?

Bea
  • TeraJo
    TeraJo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Migraines got worse but are now better. Either I have finally ended this cycle or the various different meds are actually working. Hopefully I will continue to see headache free days!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the migraines eventually got better but wouldn't it be nice to know whether they got better on their own, or if it was one of the meds - which one? I hope for your sake that they stay gone. :flowerforyou:
  • grantsmom08
    grantsmom08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed on March 8, 2012 so also newly diagnosed. Glad your migraines are better!