I just did something a little crazy

Options
HelloSweetie4
HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
So, I was surfing on craigslist and found a person selling the entire classic pooh crib set, with mobile, lamp, and nightlight for $10! My husband and I have agreed from the start that this is what our nursery will be. So I e-mailed the person and said I want to buy it for a friend :laugh: I hope I get it. We have been collecting classic pooh stuff for a few years now, when we see a good price. We have a plastic bin in our closet just for hte stuff we've found over the years. I know it's a little crazy, but i have a very hard time passing up a deal. And $10 for a set that costs $150 new, how can you beat that?!

Do any of you ladies buy baby stuff already, even though you aren't trying just yet?

Replies

• CandiceSizemore
    CandiceSizemore Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my husband and I are getting ready to buy our first house (Yay!!) and should be moved in by the end of July but we are setting up the second bedroom as the nursery for whenever we do get pregnant. Going to buy the crib and the whole nine yards!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    good to know i'm not crazy then lol :flowerforyou:
  • CandiceSizemore
    CandiceSizemore Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Excited, not crazy :-)
  • alevesque1990
    alevesque1990 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i haven't bought anything just yet more due to my fiance saying he doesnt wanna jynx us lol.. but i definitely look all the time at yard sales and craigslist.. hell even target and any other store with baby clothes!!.. your not crazyyy its those motherly instincts telling you now is the time!!! =]
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought anything, but I'm planning the nursery and we're not even trying yet. Silly me :) Paint, crib, daybed, flooring... I'm starting it as soon as I finish hubby's man cave!
  • pendii
    pendii Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are so not crazy. This is so funny, because my husband and I were talking about hitting some garage sales this summer to look for baby stuff... and we haven't even started TTC yet. lol. We didn't do it because we bumped our TTC date back a lil. Originally we were going to try this fall, but decided to wait for winter. I'm still tempted to start looking.... just afraid my family will come by and see something and think we are already pregnant or something. I haven't told them anything of our TTC plans, want that to be a surprise. If I had a bigger home with more hiding places, I would probably already have a whole slew of baby stuff. lol.