confused!!

Options
Okay ladies.. I have questions that I am unsure of.. As most of you are aware that it's hard to lose weight when you have PCOS.. well I have been doing pretty good.. I have been exercising and trying to keep my carbs low but the weight isn't coming off. I have been reading that you need to eat what you exercise and some say no... I have a large actually a huge amount of weight to lose and it doesn't make sense to me why I would eat all crazy.. Also when I do exercise; I have noticied that I burn more calories than some other people who do similiar things that I do; is it because I am heavier that I burn more?
Feel free to add me as a friend and look at my food diary and maybe if you would give me some advice.. I have been getting up at 5 am and working out for the the last 3 weeks anywhere from 3 to 5 times a week plus extra walking and I am getting discouraged. :(

Replies

• ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi. First, yes you will burn more the more you weigh. But a heart rate monitor might be good if you don't already have one. I personally do not eat back my exercise calories mainly because I am sure I miss logging some things thru the day.

For me the secert was low carbs. Not only has it helped me loss weight, but I also have almost eliminated my headaches which ussed to be 3-5 days a week.

Good luck! I will send you a friend request too.
  • Sheilav330
    Sheilav330 Posts: 57
    Options
    Don't get discouraged..the weight will come off eventually...just don't stress too much about it because stress can cause weight gain...i know this from personal experience i have so much anxiety and i hardly sleep the most i sleep is 5 hrs i know it's not good but it will get better...instead of focusing on loosing large amount of weight...why not set a small goal like losing 10lbs in a month or 15lbs ...that's what i decided to do..i choose something small scale and if i do make it to loose 20lbs i can set another goal and go from there. i sent you a friend request..i can use the friends too i been on mfp for about a month only have 4 friends. the more the merrier :) have a good night.
  • mattie733
    mattie733 Posts: 27
    Options
    I think my middle name is stress! LOL.. I added you thanks for invite!
  • annatin1018
    annatin1018 Posts: 43
    Options
    Have you tried Metformin?? It is my miracle drug. Without it I CANNOT lose weight. It also helps treat ALL the other symptoms including regulating your cycle. It changed my life.....
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options
    I am on metformin and I have cut out sugar and severely cut down on bad carbs (bread, pasta.. you know.. the tasty things), but I also got rid of dairy (lactose intolerant) and I have lost 20 lbs in about a month :) Good luck, message me or friend request me for any other help or just for a friend in the journey :)
  • cristacoyote
    cristacoyote Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love love love metformin. Except for the fact that it makes me really sick. But the weight loss is worth it so I can't complain. I also can't lose without it
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I wish Metformin worked for me, I was on up to 2000 mg 2x/ day and nothing. I'm off all meds now and doing this the hard way. The weight is coming off VERY slowly, but it's coming off. Just keep up with your exercise, watch your carbs and don't give up! Listen to your body. Think about how much better you feel without the excess carbs and with working out. My best advice is to stay active and stay off the scale. I only weigh in about 2x/mo.