Today started week 3...Not down any weight :(

Anyone please share...... Today starts week 3 of Insanity. I started at 141 and am 5'2 female. Weighed my self this morning and not down any weight also my clothes still fit the same. How long does it take your body to start changing. I am eating lots of protein and few carbs. I track my food anf keep it around 1500 calories. That is even hard for me to get down in one day. I have also cut all booze except for red wine on Friday and Saturday evenings. I am doing 1/2 scoop protein shake with water after my workout as well. Nu Tek strawberry. Getting very discouraged!! Any advice????

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    I did not see any changes until beginning of month 2. Lose 1.5" off the waist.
    Tho I can see my stomach is smaller in the pics.
    My pics is in the profile if you want to check it out.
    I heard month 2 is where you can the dramatic change. I just started week 2 of month 2. I do hope I will lose 1" off the waist.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 150 Member
    I'm on my week 4 and only lose approx 1 lb/week at 1400 cal/day. I'm kinda relieved that I'm not the only one, though I can see some improvement on my belly and little on my arms. So, its gonna be on the 2nd month that we'll see major changes? hope so. I was like thinking that maybe I'm consuming less cal.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    i didn't lose any in month 1. but i feel stronger and going into month 2 i know that is what really matters. from what i've heard, just stick with it, just finish. it's a few months out of your life. you can do it! just press play, do the best you can and that is good enough! you will improve each week.
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    On other boards, I have read the same thing and then the same people posted that they noticed a big difference around the start of month 2. Don't stop!!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Well discouraged or not just keep on goin.. Try to say its not just bout losing weight but gettin healthy too...
    BUT SAME thing happened to me.. HOWEVER, I know exactly why for the most part my body doesn't want to lose any more weight. My issue is: I have severely OVER TRAINED myself. And my body is in freakout mode which is why, hint: no results, no weight loss no nuthin and im still sick after 10days :/ (and the whole time ive been sick Ive just been working out)
    seriously like I have been working out for 2months straight with maybe only like 2 rest days = BAD and I started Insanity 18days ago and on top of that I was doin other workouts on the side as well..

So my ? to you is: ARE YOU "ONLY" DOIN INSANITY OR ARE YOU LIKE ME AND DO INSANITY THEN DO OTHER WORKOUTS???

CUZ IF SO: U MAY HAVE BEEN OVER TRAINING AS WELL

Which then I would say take a few days off and come back to it..

Also, another thing is: THYROID..
    yea Im scared bout it cuz my mom has it, so its hereditary and Im gonna go get checked sometime this month for it cuz that also will PLAY A HUGE part in why someone wont lose weight, not one smidge of an inch or notch on a scale..
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Take measurements. That is key. Weight loss is only part of the story. I have lost plenty of inches... but not a ton of weight. I have 11 days left in the program. :)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    I started out at the same weight and height as you.. um you neeeeed to be eating around 1900 calories per day while doin insanity....
    if you up them you will lose weight again :)
  • kaley_x86
    kaley_x86 Posts: 10 Member
    I went through the entire first month and only lost a pound. It's really frusterating, especially given how hard you work everyday. Then I hit the recovery week and lost 2 pounds in a week. It'll come. Try focusing on other things for now..fit test results, measurements, body fat percentage
  • kstonex2
    kstonex2 Posts: 3
    According to the equation table I should only be eating 1449 calories. Thats still HARD for me to eat. Im in my 4th week (the Core Cardio & Balance) I am seeing slow changes happening a do feel stronger, its the LOVE HANDLES that will not go down!!!! SO FRUSTRATING! However, I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!