HELP!!! What to wear?

ProjectTae
ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
So I just recently was promoted from photographer to photography editor on my school news paper staff, the editorial board is having a dinner tomorrow and since I am now a part of the board I was invited to the dinner. It is at The Old Spaghetti factory at 6:00pm, and I have no idea what to wear. I've never eaten there so I don't know if it's casual, semi-casual, semi-formal, formal, I have no idea, I do not want to be over dressed but I also do not want to be under dressed. I'm guessing it's either semi-casual or semi-forma. On one hand It's a group of 17-18 year olds having a diner, and on the other hand it's the editorial board of a news paper.

So any ideas on what I should wear? Pictures appreciated.

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    I don't have a photo for you but the Old Spaghetti Factory is somewhat casual. A lot of college students eat there because it is a decent value. On the other hand, some people go there on date so you will see some people dressed up but I wouldn't call it a formal place at all. Last time I was there it was after seeing Mama Mia so I was kind of dressed up for that. A cute knee length skirt, sandals, and a simple top with a lightweight cardigan would be appropriate. Pants are okay too. Congratulations on your promotion!
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    First of all, what a great promotion in your school paper! Sounds like a lot of fun.

The Spaghetti factory is casual. I wouldn't worry too much. Dress in something comfortable yet nice.
    A nice skirt or slacks with a simple top is appropriate. And a big smile! Have a great time.
  • ProjectTae
    Thanks guys this helps a lot! I'm taking your guys suggestions and going somewhat casual :)
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Congrats!! :flowerforyou:

Last time I ate there, I wore jeans and a sweater. Which was what everyone else was wearing. It's definitely a more casual place. :smile:
  • ProjectTae
    I've decided that I'm going to go with the white pants and blue coat, the skirt and white trench was my second choice but I think it's a bit too much.

spaghettifactory.png
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Both really cute and flattering, and I think you made the right choice. Now watch out that the red sauce doesn't splatter on your white clothes! And have a great time.
  • ProjectTae
    Both really cute and flattering, and I think you made the right choice. Now watch out that the red sauce doesn't splatter on your white clothes! And have a great time.

Thank you! I never thought about the sauce, but no turning back now, thanks for your help :)
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Great choice!