THIRSTY?- Recipes to increase our water intake

Options
Would the Good Samaritan please use her bucket to get me a drink. I not only thirst for Christs knowledge but I am also dehydrated.
I have been diluting pomegranate/cranberry juice, Splurging on vitamin waters or try to drink a lifewater for a change up.

One of my husbands favorites is to put cucumber slices in his water, its actually nice for a change too. :)

What do you drink when water begins to make you think you are drowning?
What is your favorite drinks that are not gonna make your calories jump through the roof?
Any fresca recipes you would like to share?

Replies

• LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I will often add lemon or lime essential oil--Make sure that it is Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade, though. Most of the other grades either cannot be safely ingested or, at best, are considered "Generally Safe" for consumption. doTerra oils are the best, IMHO, and if you would like more info on them, I'd be happy to help. I recently became an independent product consultant for them but have been using oils for home use and the cosmetics that I make for quite a while now.

Other than that, ice is the biggest help for me to get my water intake. I find that I can drink a lot more if my water is cold. I used to use Crystal Light or equivalents, but I recently have been avoiding that because of the extra chemicals that come with most of those.
  • bktibbetts
    bktibbetts Posts: 140
    Options
    Herbal teas - great as iced tea as summer is upon us
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Good point. I am currently loving some Strawberry-Cardamom Tisane that we recently picked up.

As a side note, does anyone else have friends/family/whatever given you odd looks when you offer them anything that has the word "tea" associated with it? Anytime I offer certain friends Herbal "tea" they won't even touch it, but if I present it as "tisane" they are totally cool with it.