Introduce Ourselves

Options
kristers03
kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
Hello fellow Charmed Ones,

I thought it would be nice if we introduced ourselves to one another. I know I love learning about my fellow MFP friends so I'll go first. Maybe our first names, where we are from and what our MFP names mean :)

First Name: Kristy
MFP Name: kristers03--kristers is a nickname my sisters and dad used to call me when I was younger and 03 is the year I graduated high school. The screen name has stuck with me since I created my first e-mail address that I currently still use :)

Replies

• grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Holly and I am going to be thin! (lol)
    I live in Mansfield, Ohio
    When I was little everyone said "What great eyes she has." One day at a family gathering (I was about 3) I went up to someone and said "Look at my grape eyes." It has been my nickname ever since. For the record, my eyes are hazel.
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jodie

I live in Lake Macquarie which is on the north coast of New South Wales in OZ

JW = my initals
    1705 = my birthday 17th May

I'm half way to my initial goal weight... so guess I owe myself a bracelet & 3 charms... (1 for every 5kg lost)

Can't believe how much healthier & fitter I feel already !! :happy:
  • Chrism740
    Chrism740 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My name is Christine. I live in Granger, IN. Eventually I will have 24 charms! No real significance to my screen name, it was my first email address..... a long time ago! lol

I think this is a great way to reward myself without food!
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Teresa and I live in sunny Florida! My screen name has been my nickname for over 30 years. My husband shortened my name TeREESa to Reese and called me his Reese Cup. Tyler is my last my name. I go by Reese or Reesie whatever you choose.

I am also looking forward to adding charms to my bracelet. It is a great way to remember each of those 5 pounds that you've lost and remembering the work and dedication you did to lose them! :happy:

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you better!! We rock!!
  • Tatom1622
    Tatom1622 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My name is Katie
    I live in Arlington, TX
    My screen name is my married name with my husband(16) and my favorite(22) numbers.

I am gonna use the charm bracelet my husband bought me for Valentine's day this year. I am allergic to nickle. I am excited to finally have a reason to start putting some charms on my charm bracelet.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Hi I'm Jodie

I live in Lake Macquarie which is on the north coast of New South Wales in OZ

JW = my initals
    1705 = my birthday 17th May

I'm half way to my initial goal weight... so guess I owe myself a bracelet & 3 charms... (1 for every 5kg lost)

Can't believe how much healthier & fitter I feel already !! :happy:

The way I figure it, you owe yourself more. There are 2.2 pounds in a Kilo gram, so you owe yourself at least 6 charms! Don't cheat yourself.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    It is so great meeting everyone!
  • DebbieLOL
    DebbieLOL Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you told us this story. I've been meaning to ask you what your name means. Grape eyes- LOL. :-)
  • DebbieLOL
    DebbieLOL Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm Debbie. Actually my maiden name starts with O and my married name starts with L so that's where the name really comes from but I always tell people it's "Debbie on-line," you know, like AOL :-).
    I joined in April and have lost 21 pounds since March 15th. Still have a long way to go, but I'm on my way. I already had one of those Pandora style bracelets but had never added charms to it other than the 2 end clips it came with. I found some cute ones on eBAY & can't wait until they arrive. :happy:
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My name is Krystie.

My screen name is my first and last name (Krystie Nye).

I live in Manchester, New Hampshire (hoping to move soon....I am originally from the small town of Raymond, NH and the city is just not for me!)

I'm a 26 year old stay-at-home Mom of a 5 year old boy (Ahren) and a 1 year old girl (Sophia), but I hope to start working again sometime this year....I love my kiddos, but I have a degree in Cosmetology, and I miss doing hair!

My hubby inspired me to start getting healthier when he started working out and eating better a couple of months ago...it's so inspiring to see his progress!

I've made some really good friends on MFP, and I can't wait to get to know my fellow Charmed Ones!
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    You guys are all great and I am happy to know you!
  • Reesecup312
    Options
    It is definitely a pleasure to meet everyone here!! This is a great group and I am happy to be here with all of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tinkerbell1369
    Tinkerbell1369 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My name is Angela

I live near Edmonton, AB, Canada

Have 3 kids ages 25 son (put up for adoption), 20 daughter and 9 son.

Have ALLOT of weight to get rid of.

My Grandfather called my "Stinky" when I was a baby and changed it to "Tinky" or "Tinks" when I was a toddler. I was the only grandchild he nicknamed. As I got older I started liking Tinkerbell and more recently as all the Tinkerbell movies came out I liked her more and more the numbers are my 2 lucky numbers 13 & 69
  • Cinzil
    Cinzil Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Cindy and I live in Bellingham, WA, about 20 miles from the Canadian border. I am 61 years old, married for almost 39 years, have two grown children, two cats, and a new Golden Retriever puppy who is almost 4 months old. I work in a grocery store, so there are lots of temptations at work.

I have not bought my charm bracelet yet, but I will by this weekend. I've lost 2 pounds so far, but have many more pounds to lose. I follow a Weight Watcher plan, but I recently bought a fitbit. With that, I'm counting calories, although I am pretty much following WW. I could never stay within the points allotted, so the fitbit works well for me. So far, I'm averaging one pound a week. On WW, I was lucky if I lost 1/2 pound a week, so one pound a week is great for me.

It's great to meet all of you. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's charms as they lose weight.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Nice to meet you Cindy! I look at it this way... if we do nothing we stay the same or get heavier. Even if we lose one pound a week, in a year we weigh 52 pounds less!

I love the story of your nickname Tink.
  • SusieLamon
    SusieLamon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Y'all! Yes, I'm sourthern! I am Susie, and I am so happy to be part of this group. I am 51, a teacher, and I am a very organized person. I am very disciplined....except in this one area of my life. I don't know why I never applied that ability to my eating habits, but better late than never! I do not have children, that is the biggest regret of my life. I have a great life, I live out in the "sticks" and love it. I have great neighbors that I exercise with, shop with, and barbeque with! Its a great place to live!

Alabama has been my home since I was 12. I live in a small city where I can't go anywhere without seeing people I know. That's what makes living in a small town so wonderful. The heat and humidity in the summer is breath-taking, but its part of our lives!

I have a lot of weight to lose. I am finally on the right track mentally to know this is a lifestyle, permanent change for me! :happy: I think that is why this group and the bracelet idea is so good, and so important to me (and all of us). Because it will remind me daily of how far I've already come, and I won't back track. I will see those charms and think, "Do you really want to eat that?" Looking at how much I've already accomplished is so much more mentally healthy than looking at how far I have to go!

You girls all rock! I can already tell we are going to be "besties!"
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My name is Cassie. I am 23 years old and live in San Diego, CA.
    I have officially been married one year to my high school sweetheart as of May 28th.
    I am on a mission to lose 110 lbs.
    I LOVE the idea of a charm bracelet and have recently bought my first 3 charms.

As for my screen name, I absolutely LOVE cherries. Always have, always will. Being as this was a healthy website, I thought it would be cute to incorporate my favorite fruit into my name :)

Looking forward to chatting with everyone! <3
  • Cinzil
    Cinzil Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I have my laptop back and a new fitbit. Now to get back on track. I have not been tracking or following a plan very well the past two weeks. However, I'm back to tracking and following my program. I haven't earned my first charm yet, so I need to get going.

Cindy
  • Reesecup312
    Options
    Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I have my laptop back and a new fitbit. Now to get back on track. I have not been tracking or following a plan very well the past two weeks. However, I'm back to tracking and following my program. I haven't earned my first charm yet, so I need to get going.

Cindy

Welcome back!! Happy everything is up and going for you!! Hope you get your first charm real soon!! Hugs!
  • SusieLamon
    SusieLamon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Cassie! Nice to meet you. I am Susie and I have about the same amount to lose as you do! I love cherries too! Hope we can become good friends!