New, looking for pals!

Options
Hi! I'm Elizabeth, 27, and a runner from Washington state. I've only been running for a little over a year, but I'm in love with it. I'm going from a 2-3 miler every few days schedule to starting to increase miles and frequency as I'm training for my first HALF! Woo!

I'm just looking for some friends to help motivate me and who I can cheer on. Please friend me if this is you!
I'm also a pretty competitive (in a friendly way) person, so I like seeing other peoples miles logged!

NICE TO MEETCHA :)

Replies

• cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    You can add me if you want. I'm competetive in a good way too!
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    add me too

I am compettive :)

I just finished my 7th marathon and am still figuring out what is next for a goal...
  • cmh806
    cmh806 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Add me also, I am training for my 19th marathon.
  • Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    Any runners feel free to add me.. I like having like-minded peeps on here :-)
    Alot of girls from my outdoor training group compete with/against me.. its rather funny sometimes :-)
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I always love having running buddies for motivation :)
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well - I'm training for my first half marathon. I can always use more running buddies!
  • 22colin
    22colin Posts: 31
    Options
    I would welcome some new running friends - feel free to add me - I'm training for my 2nd 1/2 marathon in middle of July :happy:
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Add me, completed a marathon a few years ago and ran my first 1/2 at the Toronto marathon a few weeks ago. Not sure I have anymore full marathons in my knees. Probably stick to the 1/2's.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Runners, feel free to add me, can never have too many runner friends.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Always looking for friends that are runners and cyclists! Feel free to add me!
  • dancer4life627
    dancer4life627 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as well. I'm looking for some support! I have only been "seriously" running since January but started training this week for my half marathon!! I ran a 5k a few weeks ago and I have one this weekend and one also in July.
  • s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    all you runners feel free to add me too. Looking for some motivation training for my first marathon.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I'm 27 from NY and have been running for a little over a year and have ran a half and full marathon. :smile:
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Any runners, new or not, feel free to add me as well. Half on June 10th and Full training starts July 16 for the Dallas White Rock, my 1st. Support! And I love the NW too lol.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Any runners feel free to add me. I am not competitive, only with myself, but I'm super supportive and love to follow progress, whether you're a 6 minute mile runner or 12 minute mile runner, it doesn't matter... I love geeking out over improvement and sharing tips, stories, etc.

I have done many marathons but decided to join MFP to get leaner and faster, and to get serious about improving my race times. I have shorter races planned for the summer and have at least one more marathon in the fall.
  • Kwika
    Kwika Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I have completed several 5K races and I try to run the Bay to Breakers 12K every year in San Francisco but have missed a few years due to injuries and knee surgery. Ran it this year. I have also done one half. It was grueling because of the distance and the heat on that particular day but thankfullly was ready for that. I am hoping to later this year do another half. Now that the B2B is over, I can concentrate toward that end.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've been running for just under a year (starting with couch to 5K) - planning to sign up for a half in September and I have a 10-miler next month. Have you seen the X miles in a month group? Great for getting your miles up, I started with 50 a month and just about to complete 75 :glasses: