Paleo/Keto Diet Question

Options
lelaspeaks
lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
So yeah, I know I could read more about it/ask the question on Reddit, but I'm wondering how does a person that doesn't eat cows and ducks and dogs and chickens (channeling the Chappelle Show), etc. stick to one of these diets? Cheese should be enjoyed in moderation, eggs are probably a solid option, I don’t know if beans count? I do eat seafood occasionally (strictly because I've killed those guys with my own hands before), but you all seem to be putting down some serious animal! Is it just not for folks of my kind? Honest responses are appreciated. Not looking to judge, it’s just something I’m curious about. Thanks for educating me!

Replies

• hlynn1986
    hlynn1986 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To be honest it is REALLY difficult to be vegetarian and do keto. But it can be done. Eggs and cheese will totally be a staple. If you can eat fish that will help a lot. A lot of veg ketoers rely on tons of butter and oil for saturated fat, since it is needed on the diet to keep up with the high fat macro. Supplement losing all the protein from meat with protein powders and any kind of fat you can add in (coconut oil, heavy cream, avocados). Beans would usually be a no-go as they are pretty high in carbs. Depending on how low of carb you want to go, I'm sure you could fit them into your macros as long as you are below or at/around your daily goal.
  • biggs3435
    biggs3435 Posts: 4
    Options
    There is a vegetarian keto sub http://www.reddit.com/r/vegetarianketo