Strangest online dating messages

Options
Anyone care to share any gems?

One of my first ever OkCupid messages was simply "If you make me a sandwich you can be my girlfriend." :laugh: Probably some misspellings in there somewhere, too...

I just started a new profile in which I identify my body type as "curvy". Since I finally added a pic today I've been getting weird messages, the strangest being "No way you're curvy." What does that even mean? :huh: Am I supposed to send him my measurements, or something?

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    That's prob meant as a compliment I think.

I very seldom ly get messages but I send some.. Don't think mine would be classed as weird though lol
  • 87missc87
    87missc87 Posts: 41
    Options

Possibly, but to me being curvy is a good thing! Or at least not a bad thing. :smile:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Possibly, but to me being curvy is a good thing! Or at least not a bad thing. :smile:

Having some curve is sexy as in my opinion :)
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I had a guy tell me he could time travel once. Sent me a picture of antiques - clocks and tables- as his way to "prove" it. LMBO
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

There is a scary trend in online dating where curvy = obese. Who'd have thought someone would misrepresent themselves in an anonymous forum with no accountability? ;)
  • 87missc87
    Options
    I had a guy tell me he could time travel once. Sent me a picture of antiques - clocks and tables- as his way to "prove" it. LMBO

And you still didn't believe him? Haha!
  • 87missc87
    Options
    There is a scary trend in online dating where curvy = obese. Who'd have thought someone would misrepresent themselves in an anonymous forum with no accountability? ;)

Ah, I guess that makes sense. And really, people lie on the internet? News to me!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

I was told this as well. I put on my match profile that I was curvy and I met one of the guys and he told me to take it down and put either "about average" or "few extra pounds". Curvy definitely means obese now.... crazy. I would have never guessed that!
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just got one a few hours ago. All the guy said was, "do u kno kung fu?" Sooo racist and ignorant! Not cute. I don't know kung fu but I can still open a can of whoop *kitten* on ya!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I just got one a few hours ago. All the guy said was, "do u kno kung fu?" Sooo racist and ignorant! Not cute. I don't know kung fu but I can still open a can of whoop *kitten* on ya!
    I wouldn't say racist. Just ignorant.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I am stealing that sandwich line!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am stealing that sandwich line!

Let us know how that works for you! :glasses:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I've heard of some weird ones from a girl or two on here. I lose faith in all men when I hear some of them though.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Having some curve is sexy as in my opinion :)

curvy in online dating speak usually means overweight
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's not the message, but who it is. For example I have gotten "Your beautiful and seem like a great girl" and they go on to suggest we meet up or ask if I would consider dating them. This would be great if it wasn't by guys who are 20 to 30 years older than I. At least they generally only ask once though. Or there was one case where the guy was looking for a 3rd person to join him and his wife... Ummmm no.

I should say I hear worst things at work than I do on online dating sites - but the work ones are always jokes meant to create a laugh or several.
  • BelMckenzie
    BelMckenzie Posts: 249
    Options
    Here's mine-

Hey beutuful! Ive got 3 babys - 1 and 2 yr old twns that ned a new mama. I tink ur a gr8t gurl who I tink wood be a god mama. My key is a gr8t 'ship is pasionete sex!

That was hard with my autocorrect on and I think his spelling was worse. Oh yeah his title of his profile was "bulding a famly".

Needless to say I didn't respond.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Here's mine-

Hey beutuful! Ive got 3 babys - 1 and 2 yr old twns that ned a new mama. I tink ur a gr8t gurl who I tink wood be a god mama. My key is a gr8t 'ship is pasionete sex!

That was hard with my autocorrect on and I think his spelling was worse. Oh yeah his title of his profile was "bulding a famly".

Even if he wrote with perfect grammar, spelling and syntax, what would be your motivation to date a man with 3 kids?
  • BelMckenzie
    BelMckenzie Posts: 249
    Options
    Here's mine-

Even if he wrote with perfect grammar, spelling and syntax, what would be your motivation to date a man with 3 kids?

I know and I can't remember if it was on his profile or in the message but those kids were from 2 different women. Not only was it 3 kids it was 3 kids under 2
  • 87missc87
    Options
    Here's mine-

Oh my! Apparently passionate and unprotected...
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    On OKupid I got - "hey baby, I know what you can do with that tongue". I was like WTF?? LOL then his next message what "oh thought you were sticking out your tongue in your profile pic but it was your lipgloss" Seriously!! LOL Yeah I did not respond to him at all.

Another one I got - "you have really nice lips, they would feel great on my body" WTF, ha ha That is all what was in the message and no did not respond to that one either, ha ha.