Welcome & Introduction

Options
katcena
katcena Posts: 326 Member
Welcome to our new group!
I live in Northern California and have been a MFP member since early 2011. I love MFP and I love working out! I currently use Turbo Fire as my home workout program. I also go to the gym a few days a week for weigh lifting, Zumba classes, or just some cardio time on the treadmill or elliptical. I enjoy horseback riding and hiking with my dog though the Redwoods.
I am hoping to meet other people with similar interests and maybe even find some new workout partners!

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I live in Vancouver, Wa. I'm doing Chalean Hydrid right now on week 5. Beside that I take hip hop class twice a week at my
    24 fitness health club.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Taryn and I've been on MFP since '09. I love P90X, Insanity, CrossFit, Turbo Kick (I teach it once a week) and host a weekly Fit Club here in Seattle! Would love to meet more in the area!
  • katcena
    Options
    Welcome to the group everyone! :) Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
  • jacobhammond
    Options
    What's up? I'm Jacob, grew up in Humboldt CA and have lived in the PNW most of my life. Currently holding it down in Medford, OR and trying to lose some weight. I'm 27 years old, 5'11", 255lbs, muscular build but with fat to lose. Trying to get into the 210-ish range.

I enjoy biking (road and mountain), hiking and running. Right now I'm going through Couch to 5K to increase my running stamina. My wife and I are thinking about starting either Chalean or P90X in the next month or so.
  • katcena
    Options
    Welcome Jacob! I live in Del Norte County...so we are almost neighbors! :)
    I am thinking about P90X soon as well! I want to do Hip Hop Abs, then am thinking P90X. My ultimate goal is Insanity in 2012!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Hi,I have been on MFP since 2010 and I have completed Slim&6,Turbo Fire,P90X,Brazil Butt lift,and just got done with INSANITY!! I am doing a 3rd round of Turbo Fire starting today.I live in NC and in Jan will be hosting a FREE Beachbody Fit club every Thursday!I Would love to connect with others and help motivate and support!
  • katcena
    Options
    Welcome Jessica!
    I am planning to start a Free Fit Club here in Northern California as well! I also have 2 Challenge groups starting this weekend! Very excited about that!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • focusgrl03
    focusgrl03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Sarah. I am 27, live in Vancouver, WA. I am 5' 8" and weigh 173. I have lost 7 lbs so far. I hope to lose about 20 more lbs. I have a little girl 3 yrs old and I have been married for 8 yrs. My husband and I are both trying to get into shape and have more muscle tone.
  • Luciendasky
    Luciendasky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My name is Luci and I live in Florence, OR. I am 5'1" and I weigh 155.6 lbs (as of today). According to my height, etc... I have read/heard that I should weight about 116 lbs. I volunteer every week at Cape Perpetua and I love doing the hikes there. I am excited to join this group and meet people from the PNW!
  • dlpoisson
    dlpoisson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I live in Vancouver, WA and love my exercise DVD's. Last year, I did a lot of ChaLEAN Extreme. For the past 12 weeks, I have been doing Les Mills Pump. This is my last week of it. This week also, I am starting Beachbody's Tai Cheng program as my flexibiltiy is terrible. After I finish LMP at the end of this week, I will probably alternate between CE, LMP and Tai Cheng until I figure out what I want to do next.

On Christmas Day of 2011, I started calorie tracking on the website for my Bodymedia Armband. About a month ago, I started tracking calories with MFP. I have lost almost 10 lbs since I started calorie tracking and am about 141-142lbs now.