Chicago Marathon 2012

Options
MelAb8709
MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
Any western suburbanites running the Chicago Marathon this year? I'm registered to run for RMHC - just wondering if anyone has found a running club to train with? I'm using Hal Higdon't Novice training program. http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51137/Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm running it, I signed up for CARA Summer Marathon Training.
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm also running it! Getting ready to start my official "training!" I've never trained with a club or group -- I tend to do best going solo. For my first marathon I used Hal Higdon's training plan. I still use essentially his plan, but I've advanced it a bit now that I've become a more competitive runner. Actually, I think he might have an "advanced" plan, so I think that's what I'm using.
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Any recommendations for shoes? I keep getting blisters. I buy running shoes usually Under Armor.
  • barleespringers
    Options
    I hear CARA Summer Marathon Training "the prefect 10's" are awesome to run and hangout with.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Any recommendations for shoes? I keep getting blisters. I buy running shoes usually Under Armor.

You need to get to a running store that will evaluate you and suggest some shoes that will work for you.
  • KevinPMajka
    KevinPMajka Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm doing it - I'm slow and in Brookfield!