Intro :)

Options
Hey all and wecome, please take a moment to introduce youself. I will start :)

My name is Valere, friends call me Cupcake
I'm from the Detroit, MI area in a city called Southfield. I am 26 and live with my two roommates.
I have goal jeans on my wall (litterly attached to my bedroom wall, not in a drawer) for when I see my boyfriend graduate from basic training for the National Guard in Ft. Benning, GA the 1st week of July.
I plan to be in those jeans when I see him. He was with me when I bought them and I couldn't even fit my calf into one pant leg!
But I see progress and improvement with myself and I'm super excited!
I am also helping others reach their goals. I hope to help all of you too!
A fitness goal I have is to be able to run a 5k, then working up to a 1/2 marathon!

Replies

• AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Melissa, everyone calls me Mel or Missy.

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with my boyfriend of almost 10 years. We are both very active people - snowboard, mountain bike, skateboard, run, etc but I've always been over weight. I've also suffered from numerous injuries which hasn't helped with my weight loss goals.

I had a goal of being in a bikini this summer as my weight loss was going well - I lost about 27lbs but I seem to have plateaued which is very frustrated. I also have 3 weddings this year and would like to look great - surprise these people that I haven't seen in for ever and just remember the fat girl.

I know that I am a beautiful person but I'd like to "shell" to reflect that too.

I'm interested in learning more about Ignite. I've never heard of it. How does it work?
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Pam and I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I have struggled with my weight all my life. A little over a year ago, I said "Enough" and started on this journey to get thin and healthy. It has been an enlightening journey inspired by the friends on MFP.

I have 2 weddings, a Silver Wedding anniversary and an engagement party this summer and I am pleased to say that I will be making a few jaws drop. There will be people at one of the events that haven't seen me in several years. It will be such fun!

Hope to learn more about each of you and make more friends!

Pam
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My name is Barb, and I'm from South Bend, Indiana. I have 2 kids, an 8 year old daughter who thinks she's 16.....and 2 year old son. My husband is a 3rd shift truck driver who also struggles with his weight, so we're doing this together. Currently a SAHM who doesn't get motivated easily bc its just me. My husband is gone all week and my friends are all working. Sometimes working out isn't my favorite thing to do. Although I have lost over 50 lbs in the last 3 years.

I'm working to get back into my pregnancy weigh, which is 140s, but my all time goal is between 130-140s. Good luck!
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    how does it work?
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hi my name christina i have 3 kids ages 12, 10. I need to get this weight off so I can enjoy my life without taking medicating pills for high blood pressure and diabetics. I just want to be able to be active with my kids.