First time wetsuit question

ka97
ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
I have my first tri of the year this weekend. It will also be my first with a wetsuit. I'm really hoping to get outside for a practice swim this week as weather and other circumstances have not made that possible yet. I have one big question: bodyglide - put it on at home, or just before putting on the wetsuit? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question.
Any other wetsuit tips, tricks, or info I should be aware of? I've done several tri's in previous years, but never worn a wetsuit.

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Put the body glide on right before. Also you can bring a plastic grocery bag and put it over your each foot as you slip it through and they should slide in effortlessly. You can also do this with your hands if the suit is sleeved. My only tip is to definitely hit the back of your neck with the body glide as the collar may rub when breathing.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Put a ton on the back of your neck! That is my trouble spot.
  • PaddlingTriGirl
    PaddlingTriGirl Posts: 13 Member
    Take your rings off so you don't rip it!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Thanks everyone. I tested out the westuit this evening. AMAZING!!! Can't believe I waiting this long to get one!
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    I use cooking spray to help me get it on over my sholders and arms.
    I did make the mistake of grabbing garlic flavor one time....made for a very interesting race ;)

I do like the tip about the bags on the feet - gonna try that.