Workouts I can do with my baby??

Options
hgaspard83
hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas for workouts I can do with my 4 month old. We go to the park, to walk, but I live in south Louisiana and some days it is just too hot to bring him outside

Replies

• Strawberry09
    Strawberry09 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you think of any let me know too..my 4 month old is so restless when we stay inside all day
    Just wondering if anyone had any ideas for workouts I can do with my 4 month old. We go to the park, to walk, but I live in south Louisiana and some days it is just too hot to bring him outside
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I started off doing a mom & baby Pilates DVD. After I tried doing the 30ds with her and I modified many of the exercises .... used the baby as a weight, sit ups with the baby on my belly, push ups over the baby ... Some days she was happy playing and i just did the DVD with no modifications.

Depending on your weather walking with them in a stroller or a baby carrier is also great exercise. My first daughter would always sleep in the stroller so I'd walk as long as I wanted her to nap (1-2hrs).

good luck!
  • Cocobee515
    Cocobee515 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Heather, I live in South Louisiana too and I have been wondering the same thing! I would love to go walk with my little man but it is soooo hot out here and summer has yet to begin! I do walk around the house with him strapped to me but that's about all I can do til it cools off.
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    thanks guys
  • Stroupester
    Stroupester Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried some mommy & me yoga, but my Lil' Sugar's a little high maintenance and wouldn't go for it :( You could become a mall walker or dance around with her in a carrier.
  • coastiebride1120
    coastiebride1120 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    We are in sw fla and we get out first thing in the morning to go jogging and then again at night before the bugs come out. Still waiting on the pool to heat up so I can tread water while he splashes. I'm not a big DVD workout fan though
  • AidenHousersMommy
    Options
    My son is 6 months old and even tho I live in ohio, it's dead summer n bout 100 degrees out the last week. I put him in his jumper and exercise to insanity and he enjoys watching me. I also use him as a weight and he thinks we're playing
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do lifts with my 7 month old. I think his squirming and giggling probably helps my core or something! If I couldn't go out I might to some kind of light step aerobics or dance with him in the carrier.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I love my mommy and baby workout video. I have never tried a yoga version but that might be fun too. I am a baby wearer so I guess everything I do (chores) would be extra calorie burning! lol
  • nississima
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group but was excited to see this post! Here are excercises I do with my 8-month baby:
    - "Bench" presses: lie down, hold him around the waist, and push up. To amp it up (and get him laughing), do pulses.
    - Squats: hold baby under his arms, place your feet shoulder-width apart, and squat it out! This one is sooo hard on me. He thinks it's hilarious.
    - Baby v-sits: lie down and bring your knees up. Plop baby on your shins (like modified airplane), and simultaneously bring your knees to your face, and crunch up. This is most like a v-sit in pilates.
    - Dance! this is my favorite. I put on either show tunes, oldies, or rock n' roll and dance with baby.

All of these I started doing once he could hold up his head, with the exception of the baby v-sits. That one waited until he could roll over. The nice thing is that you adjust to heavier weights as the baby gets older.

I hope these are helpful!