Meals

Options
Do you plan for the week or do you go from day to day ? I used to go day to day but that was my down fall !

Replies

• Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    We Plan a week in advance, we bought a year diary, and ever Thursday (we do our shopping on a Friday) we put in what we are going to eat from Friday - Thursday of the following week, that includes lunches.

We then create the shopping list so we only buy what we need for that week and we dont have anything we shouldnt have in the house.

It works really well for us, another thing we do is we try to do two new recipes a week, one generally planned for a weekend and one for a week day. Weekend ones are the longer prep/cooking times, weekday are short cooking and prep, or marinated.

Good way to set you mind to do it this way. Then all you do every morning is check the diary to what you are eating and get it out of freezer etc.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I used to do a shop paying no real attention to what I was buying, just the 'usuals' and struggled to put a good meal together which meant I ended up with a takeaway, less healthy option or buying more in the shop! Wasteful and unhelpful!

I now plan a week ahead. I buy the ingredients needed and I always know what healthy meal we're having and by throwing less food out and no longer opting for a takeaway, am saving considerably too!
  • GrooveVandal
    GrooveVandal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually plan a day in advance and very rarely change what i've planned. I have enough food in this house to sink the titanic all over again but because my mind is so in the zone for weight loss, it's not causing me a problem. :o)
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Plan the meals as I shop and tend to have the same breakfast routines so only really my evening meal do I decide on the day.

Find that this allows me to choose a lower fat/cals option if I wasn't as active that day and have something with slightly more cals on days I really pushed myself.