Hi Girls

Options
Nice to see a Group like this since this is why i started MFP in the first place ..... 50lbs to lose so far i lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks hard work but glad im not alone on this.... My first pregnancy i had no problems getting preg but after i had my daughter my periods stopped so after 10 long years waiting for another baby finally ill be on the waiting list for IVF But first i need to lose some weight cause i dont feel like being stuck in a hospital for 1 whole month again like my first pregnancy since i gained 1 lb a NIGHT .... So this time around i want to eat healthy and be healthy and be blessed with another baby or 2 =)

Good Luck Girls

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

This is one of the big reasons I joined MFP. Most of my family is overweight and when the other women in my family get pregnant they blow-up like balloons! I certainly don't want that to happen, plus there's so much evidence about how pregnant women who are over-weight have higher risks that danger the babies. Finally, diabetes runs rampant in my family and many of the women had it during pregnancy. My mother was a diabetic when she was pregnant with me and my life has been affected by that. I am highly sensitive to shifts in my blood sugar levels and I have always been at risk of developing diabetes. I don't want that and I certainly don't want it while I'm carrying my first child.
    This group is going to be a great motivation for me. My husband and I are planning to start trying for our first child early next year. I want to be at my goal weight before then. Since joining MFP I have been doing very well and it's actually a very possible goal to reach. I have about 42 more pounds to go!
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My husband and I want one more but he wants me lose as much as I can before we try again for health reasons. He doesn't want me to go on full bed rest again. I think he was more nervous than I was. lol
    With my first one, I gained about 55lbs and only lost about 15 of those. With the second, I gained those 15 back and so far I've those and then some. I'm trying to get back to atleast where I was when I got pregnant the first time. We plan on trying again before the end of the year and I'd like to lose about 35 lbs by then. I think it's totally possible and with the help of my brand new HRM it should be easier to watch what I eat and see how much I burn. I'm very excited! :bigsmile:
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey all. This group is perfect because I also joined MFP to lose weight to get pregnant again. I was a healthy weight when I got pregnant the first time and was only a little overweight when I got pregnant the second time. Now I am very overweight and am so nervous about things like gestational diabetes...or maybe even just having difficulties getting pregnant in the first place. Hope everyone is enjoying Mothers Day and let's all hope by next year we will be mothers (again) too!
  • Mar1l1ze
    Mar1l1ze Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi future-Mommies :)

I've been overweight my whole life and never really thought about pregnancy and how my weight would affect it. I then married my hubby who comes from a medical family and oh boy - did I start hearing it! I kind of felt like the family-project when it came to heathly eating and weigt-loss. Needless to say my rebeliious streak set in the minute the words "have to" and "must" and "no other option" came flying my way - I was fine being fat all my life and a bunch of hyped-up uncles and aunts was not going to bully me into being someone else. Jip - that was my mindset. This went on for about 8 years - me and my yo-yo weight and them "helping".

Then a very good friend of mine got pregnant while she was quite overweight (+30kgs). The couple had very bad eating habits, but the minute she found out she was preggo, she went on a 180-flip and went super healthy. This caused major issues in her pregnancy and her little girl was born premature - only a month early, but early.. All the sudden changes (pregnancy and super healthy diet) was just to much for her body to handle. For 3 months they had difficulties with their baby - including her not latching on and getting proper feedings to overfeeding once she could etc.

So that scared the living daylights out of me and hence why I am here. I want to get into a heatlhy lifestyle and eating habits before we even start trying. A dietician I spoke to also said something that hit home for me: "Your body is the building blocks for your baby. Is your 'baby' building blocks as good as it can be?". Essentially we are not just the vessel - we are the ingredients. Man that sounds weird - but you know what I mean right?

As I am turning 30 at the end of the year and approaching my self-set deadline for trying for our first - here I am. I am very happy to have found other women with my concerns around being overweight and pregnant. It's complicated enough as it is - why make it even more so? My ego will be put to bed for my future children.
  • mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I'm here to get healthy pre-pregnancy too, obviously. I've never been really overweight, in fact, I've always been the smallest in my family. But once I got married 2.5yrs ago, I gained... and gained... Up nearly 20lb on my 5' frame in the first year alone, I saw myself going the way of my family. I didn't want that. So I started working out. Failed. Started again 6 mo later. Stopped. 4 months later, I'm back at it, this time, because the reality of pregnancy is much more. I'm planning on going off the bc the end of this pack, and being careful for the first 3-4 months to not get pregnant, to let my body readjust, hopefully we'll be ready by fall. :) So this is my small, very small remaining window of opportunity, to get myself healthy enough for a home birth with a midwife like I've always wanted, and healthy enough to shed the baby weight easier once the lil darlin' is born. It helps that I have a friend in the exact same boat/time frame as I am, so we're encouraging each other. :) Here's to health!
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am SO happy I found this group! I just tossed my BC today. My body decided that it was my TOM (when I shouldn't for another month) So I took it as a "sign" so to speak and tossed them. I have been working at this weight loss journey off and on for a few years now. I have a DD who is 5yrs old and she is wonderful. My husband and I recently talked it over and we are ready for #2.

I am very excited for this journey, and now that the BC is gone, I REALLY need to buckle down on eating right and exercise. Thanks for starting this group!!
  • goal2B140
    goal2B140 Posts: 29
    Options
    hello im glad i found this group. I have a 3 yr old and would like in a few months to try for baby #2.. I want to be at a healthy weight before that happens. I got up to 265 during my first pregnancy and developed hypertension, I want to be one of those small pregnant people, you know the ones that just have the belly. good luck to everyone! :)
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    This is why I joined, too! Excited to find all of you!
  • riverab1
    riverab1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi all! It took 3 years to get pregnant with our son. I had to take fertility drugs, and will have to again. I don't ovulate on my own, so there you have it. I gained about 60 lbs when we were TTC, so I need to get that off still plus another 20 lbs. I don't think I will be there totally there by the time we start TTC, but if I can be in the 100's I will be super happy. Good luck to you all!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, so glad to see so many of us in the same boat. I am turning 30 in a few days and we want to start trying for our first child at the end of this year. It's been a struggle and I saw myself balloon up 40 pounds after meeting my hubby (and I'm only five feet tall!). I'm ready to kick this weight in the behind and get to my UGW this year.

Good luck everybody!
  • alevesque1990
    alevesque1990 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi ladies.. im glad i came across this group because there really aren't any on here for this reason! I am getting married in october and have baby on the brain!!.. me and my fiance have tried recently and just are not have any luck.. i rarely get my period and i know its a weight issue because I was very regular in the past.. my ob gyn actually referred me to mfp as a way to help with the process of becoming healthy!.. i'm glad i have other people to talk to about this!! and hopefully we can root eachother on!!! good luck ladies! =]
  • LizaLuSherlock
    LizaLuSherlock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! I just joined yesterday and am so happy a group like this exists! My husband and I married last july and threw out the BC at the end of last November. We've had no luck since then because my cycles are all out of wack. 2 months ago i was 3 weeks late, last month I was 45 days late!! I want to get healthy and lose some weight so we have better luck. Add me as a friend so we can go through this together!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    hi ladies.. im glad i came across this group because there really aren't any on here for this reason! I am getting married in october and have baby on the brain!!.. me and my fiance have tried recently and just are not have any luck.. i rarely get my period and i know its a weight issue because I was very regular in the past.. my ob gyn actually referred me to mfp as a way to help with the process of becoming healthy!.. i'm glad i have other people to talk to about this!! and hopefully we can root eachother on!!! good luck ladies! =]

October is the best month to get married! (I'm not biased or anything)
  • mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    BC is GONE! I would have started a new pack today, but nope! I'm hoping that I can start losing now. I lost 10lbs jan 2010 - August 2010, and since then I've been stuck! I ran 44 miles in May and didn't lose a single pound, or drop a single inch. Sooo... maybe it's the bc tricking my body into holding on the weight? We'll soon find out!
  • angelbabygoal
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm so glad to find this group! I have a 18 month old and would like to try for a second baby so they are somewhat close in age. But I have a lot to go... 80 lbs and that's just to start. I am new, so please add me as a friend so I can start being accountable!!! Thank you!! ~Angel
  • emrod83
    emrod83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.... I am so happy I found this group. It is exaclty what I needed! I want to have a baby so badly but I want to make sure I am healthy first. I do not have children so having my first is a huge motivation for me! I am new to MFP so please add me if you would like :smile:
  • emrod83
    emrod83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi future-Mommies :)

I've been overweight my whole life and never really thought about pregnancy and how my weight would affect it. I then married my hubby who comes from a medical family and oh boy - did I start hearing it! I kind of felt like the family-project when it came to heathly eating and weigt-loss. Needless to say my rebeliious streak set in the minute the words "have to" and "must" and "no other option" came flying my way - I was fine being fat all my life and a bunch of hyped-up uncles and aunts was not going to bully me into being someone else. Jip - that was my mindset. This went on for about 8 years - me and my yo-yo weight and them "helping".

Then a very good friend of mine got pregnant while she was quite overweight (+30kgs). The couple had very bad eating habits, but the minute she found out she was preggo, she went on a 180-flip and went super healthy. This caused major issues in her pregnancy and her little girl was born premature - only a month early, but early.. All the sudden changes (pregnancy and super healthy diet) was just to much for her body to handle. For 3 months they had difficulties with their baby - including her not latching on and getting proper feedings to overfeeding once she could etc.

So that scared the living daylights out of me and hence why I am here. I want to get into a heatlhy lifestyle and eating habits before we even start trying. A dietician I spoke to also said something that hit home for me: "Your body is the building blocks for your baby. Is your 'baby' building blocks as good as it can be?". Essentially we are not just the vessel - we are the ingredients. Man that sounds weird - but you know what I mean right?

As I am turning 30 at the end of the year and approaching my self-set deadline for trying for our first - here I am. I am very happy to have found other women with my concerns around being overweight and pregnant. It's complicated enough as it is - why make it even more so? My ego will be put to bed for my future children.

Hey Mar1I1ze! WOW....Your post is exaclty what I am going through! I will be 30 next March and my husband and I really want a baby but he wants me to get healthy first. I also have been overweight my whole life and yo-yo dieting has gotten me no where. It's so much pressure but I also want a child badly and want to be as healthy as possible for my future baby. Im so glad I found this group and thank you for sharing beacuse now, I know Im not alone!!! :smile: