Starting Insanity June 1st Anyone in?

Options
Hoping to start insanity next week, want to start at the begining of the month to be done by aug! If anyone is up for it msg me and maybe we can have a small group us keep track of eachother everyday. We can even make it a challenge. We'll have before and after measurements and weight/goals. Should be exciting! =)

Replies

• lizbet
    lizbet Posts: 11
    Options
    I started yesterday. This is my first time trying this. I have to say it is pretty tough! I am currently at 205, I have lost 10 pounds just by changing my diet and adding minimal exercise (think: walking dogs around 2-3 miles 2x or 3x a week).
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Today will be day two! Can I be in? That is.... If I can move! :) my calves are killing me and I have small muscles in weird places screaming that I didn't even know I had!
  • dent5499
    dent5499 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just waiting for mine to arrive and I will join in!!:smile:
  • vasogoma
    vasogoma Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just waiting for mine to arrive and I will join in!!:smile:

Same as you! I hope that it will be here for June 1st.
    I am so worried, I am not sure I will make it. I am sooo out of shape! Should I wait a little to regain my body condition before doing insanity or should I die trying it?
  • amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started this past Monday, complete pure cardio (pure craziness) today. I am a bit ahead of you all but I would like to join you and if you need advice/motivation/ tips I can help you out on that too since I am ahead of you all. If you havn't started yet, my advice to you is to STRETCH, your body will thank you if you do that before you start this insanity journey!
  • sdotvalentine
    Options
    Hi All
    My Insanity arrived today!!!!! Starting on Monday 6/4
  • kwoohare
    kwoohare Posts: 35
    Options
    I did my fit test today and i survived! I am really excited to do the first workout tomorrow! Good luck, everyone!
  • koykoy32
    koykoy32 Posts: 6
    Options
    Started on the June 1st and let me tell you, Insanity is the bizz. Shaun T, really pushes you to your full potential. Stick with it, we can do this!
  • CathySauder
    Options
    On day 38. Not weighing myself until the end. Only missed one day so far, Cardio Recovery. For those of you in the first 30 days... you can do it. It does get easier, and you can look forward to your recovery week. Starting to finally see results, so I can stay motivated and finish this. Have a friend who's on day 45. He looks amazing and keeps me motivated too.
  • kwoohare
    kwoohare Posts: 35
    Options
    On day 38. Not weighing myself until the end. Only missed one day so far, Cardio Recovery. For those of you in the first 30 days... you can do it. It does get easier, and you can look forward to your recovery week. Starting to finally see results, so I can stay motivated and finish this. Have a friend who's on day 45. He looks amazing and keeps me motivated too.

Good to know that it gets a bit easier! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • dongreyatindra
    Options
    I did insanity for 2 weeks in a row and had to take a break for some time ... So i will be starting over from tommorow .....
  • sdotvalentine
    Options
    Hey All!
    So I'm only on Day 4 of Insanity and I'm pushing through but I will be honest I get very disappointed in myself at times...I feel like I could be doing better. Some of the things are challenging for me but I modify them where I can. I dont go as fast as they do but I keep chugging along at my pace.
    I find that I am getting very lightheaded during my workouts as there is a lot of flow moving from floor exercise to back up in a standing exercise. My alarm goes off at 4:45am and I start my workouts at 5am... I dont know if thats contributing to my lightheadedness, Should I be eating before my workouts?
  • SheaSheaL
    SheaSheaL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4, started it June 4...I did this last year and I was in a lot better shape when I did it, and I've been sedentary for 2 months due to a soccer injury and I am feeling it really bad, worse than the first time through and it's because of my muscles and back being out of shape. I am going to weigh myself each week....and take photos (for my own use) to see changes...I am already feeling better just from 4 days, though my body hurts like it has never hurt before

sdotvaletine - try to eat some kind of protein before working out and get some water consumption in you......you may want to move it to a later time...I was doing mine at 8am with waking up an hour before and I'm still getting headaches and lightheaded...so I'm changing my time to the afternoon at work. I have also changed my caloric intake and eating habits so my body is getting hit with a triple whammy of things and trying to readjust to all the changes - also stopped drinking Mtn dew cold turkey (although I was only having one a day and it would take all day to finish it) My BP dropped really low yesterday, so i know it's the dietary changes along with the intense workouts.

Just a few thoughts on my end
    Found a good article:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/135069-headaches-while-exercising/
  • MalGC
    MalGC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 started on 6/4 and my calfs are killing me. And I am mad at my calfs because if they would stop cramping and hurting so bad during my work outs I could do so much more! Any tips?
  • dongreyatindra
    Options
    I am in . Can you create a challenge group ?

Regards

Yatindra
  • psideon
    psideon Posts: 24
    Options
    Day 5 done. Into week 3 of MFP.

Noticed improvements already. Yay!
  • psideon
    psideon Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey All!
    So I'm only on Day 4 of Insanity and I'm pushing through but I will be honest I get very disappointed in myself at times...I feel like I could be doing better. Some of the things are challenging for me but I modify them where I can. I dont go as fast as they do but I keep chugging along at my pace.
    I find that I am getting very lightheaded during my workouts as there is a lot of flow moving from floor exercise to back up in a standing exercise. My alarm goes off at 4:45am and I start my workouts at 5am... I dont know if thats contributing to my lightheadedness, Should I be eating before my workouts?

YES!
    IMHO, Insanity is way too intense to attempt on an empty stomach.

Tweak the program.. hang in there and good luck!
  • SheaSheaL
    SheaSheaL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 started on 6/4 and my calfs are killing me. And I am mad at my calfs because if they would stop cramping and hurting so bad during my work outs I could do so much more! Any tips?

If the are cramping...load up on potassium and water and be sure you are replenishing everything post workout, including potassium...if they are just hurting...it's part of the work out...they will eventually catch up and the soreness will diminish...I am having the issues with my hip flexors and quads....they are starting to "catch up" to where they need to be