Dress fitting in 10 weeks!

Options
rvrtplus2
rvrtplus2 Posts: 33 Member
Hello there,

This is my first post on MFP. I just scheduled my first dress fitting for august. I cannot believe I only have 10 weeks until the fitting. I felt like I still had a ton of time and now the reality has hit and I DONT!

I am so nervous now about fitting into my dress. I am definitely not the size I wanted to be. My dress is a Maggie Sottero in size 16, A-line, corset back. Right now I am a street size 16. I was hoping to get to a street size 14 by my fitting. Now I am feeling discourage that I will not be able to do it.

Is it realistic to get to a size 14 (i am 5'3) by August 11? I typically work out at the gym 5-6 days a week doing cardio and weights. I try to mix it up and do body combat, abs class, or something else once or twice a week.

Any help or encouragement is greatly appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• dmm5021
    dmm5021 Posts: 3
    Options
    Well how much are you losing on average in a week. I think it is totally doable, but it all depends on where you are at already. Have you plateaued? It sounds like you exercise quite a bit so is that working to lose the weight or are you still not losing weight with that much exercise?

Don't get discouraged yet! You can do this!
  • jillybelle_66
    Options
    You can totally do it! You seem to have the exercise down, how are you doing diet-wise? I know personally, I can exercise all I want, but unless I really watch my calorie intake, I only maintain, I don't lose.

My dress comes in this August too! I was smack in between a 10 and a 12, and I opted to go with the 10. I'm hoping to drop a size or two as well beforehand.
  • rvrtplus2
    Options
    Hi All!

Thanks for your input! I think my issue is eating. I know what to eat and how to eat, I just sometimes get off track. Having the weeks counted down, now is a huge motivator. I think I just need to stay focused. It just feel so hard lol

Thanks again for your encouragement. :)
  • blackqueen82
    Options
    Keep in mind that 80% of reaching your goal is what you eat. You really have the exercise down so you're half way there to putting together the perfect plan. On vertically challenaged women (LOL, sorry I'm 5'8'') it only takes 10lbs to reach the next size "typically". So you can do it in 10 wks by losing a pound a week. Use your food journal to really help you reach your goals.
  • rvrtplus2
    Options
    Thanks!! I think my biggest struggle is food. I know what to eat. I just need to be consistent with it! Reminders like your post certainly help and motivate me :)