Ani's 15-Day Fat Blast

DevotedWife
DevotedWife Posts: 29 Member
This is Ani Phyo's latest book. I'll be starting this soon. Is anyone interested in joining me?

Replies

• DevotedWife
    I know it's only been a couple days since I posted this, but I still hoped to see at least one response by now. Nevertheless, I'll be starting this on either May 20th or 21st dependent upon whether I go shopping on Saturday or Sunday. I'm planning to stick with this for a bit, so if you're reading this after some time has passed I might still be doing it. I'd still love for us to support each other if that is the case. I'll share my results here even if I'm the only one that ever post in this topic, so bye for now. :smile:
  • VeganDawn
    VeganDawn Posts: 21 Member
    hey I would like to know more about this? have not heard about the ani 15 day fat blast?
  • DevotedWife
    It's a book by Ani Phyo. I think it hit bookstores last month, or maybe it was the beginning of this month. It's written as 3 phases for 15 days, but it could be followed indefinitely as explained in the book. You can preview it at Amazon.com, I really like this book. I'll see how I like the recipes once I began making them, but I expect to like them after looking over most of them. Please let me know if you have questions about it.
  • VeganDawn
    VeganDawn Posts: 21 Member
    thanks will check it out.
  • DevotedWife
    You're very welcome, and please do check it out. I really like this book, and I would trade it for several of the other raw food books in my bookcase.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Just checked this book out on Amazon - it looks great! I'm a super lazy/busy vegan who loves eating raw, but I need quick and easy. Maybe I'll buy this book on payday :)
  • DevotedWife
    I've only done phases 1 & 2, but I love the shake, soup, and salad recipes I've tried. I bought some miso a couple months ago, but then it just sat in the fridge. I've since used all of it and purchased more (both white & red this time). I've used it in soups and absolutely love the Thermo Dressing which uses it as an ingredient. I also tried sauerkraut for the first time, and it is now one of my favorite salad toppings. My stomach felt better than it has in quite sometime, and I believe it was due to the sauerkraut, miso, and kombucha. Fermentation and probiotics get a thumbs up from me.

I think of myself as lazy when it comes to this too which is why I prefer to eat the same thing multiple times per day vs. preparing lots of different things. It also saves money for me b/c I always seemed to end up tossing produce. I'm learning about the best ways for storing and extending the life of produce, but I still don't want to purchase everything needed for 5 different things for each day. I might do more variety this coming week though because I did find myself getting a little tired of eating the same things after day 2 of 3 or day 2 of 4.

I'm loving the convenience of mason jars for storage and drinking/eating from at mealtime.

I don't think you'll regret purchasing it.
  • DevotedWife
    I forgot to report that in 7 days (phase 1-3 days, phase 2-4 days) I loss 4 lbs. I went off plan for another 7 days to test the theory that I would gain it all back, and during that time I loss another 1.4 lbs (so much for that theory...not my theory by the way). I'm planning to jump back into it tomorrow. I always planned to repeat phases 1 (shakes/soups) & 2 (shakes/soups/salads/nuts) before beginning phase 3 (pates, pasta, etc.) anyway.
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    do you have a dehydrator
  • jodmend
    jodmend Posts: 10 Member
    I'll be starting this tomorrow! Just about to go in my kitchen and blend up tomorrow's meals. Would love to friend anyone else who is doing it at as well (or thinking about it. or not and just would like more buddies.)
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    I would totally be into doing this! Have you ladies started this yet?
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Hello all,

I'm late to the topic but just got the book. I'll look it over tonight and was hoping someone would have a more long-term view by this point. Do you still love it?

Thanks!