So far...? How you doin?

Options
helen8297
helen8297 Posts: 66 Member
Hey pals!

How are you all doing so far? This is usually around the time i start 'treating' myself with 'just one biscuit'. Which then turns in to more, then i forget to log things then i just give up and eat loads of biscuits.

I totes don't want to be doing that this time! This time is for real, so i'm staying strong!

I had a sneaky weigh in yesterday morning, and i've managed to lose 1.2lbs - i wonder if it was just water or something, but the scale was lower, so i was happy and motivated for the rest of the day!

I'm also feeling slightly more open about it all - usually i try to keep my healthier eating quiet as i get embarassed to think that people know i want to lose weight...however i'm feeling more open!

How are you all doing? xxxx

Replies

• shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hello! :D i'm doing good, too. like you, by thursday (and late at night) i've usually tucked into the biscuit tin or chocolate bar but i haven't! been good all week, got in some exercise so all is well! i weigh in everyday but only to keep track and make sure i know weigh in day isn't a fluke, and have lost a sufficient amount. :P can't wait for sunday!
    thanks for making this group, just the motivation i need! glad you're doing well :D:flowerforyou:
  • elizabethmae1214
    Options
    Doing good, feeling good. Having a "skinny day" at the moment. Makes up for the heavy legged fat day from a few days ago. Real challenge is going to be the weekend. Logging alcohol calories will NOT be fun. ;)

Good luck everyone!
  • boweed70
    boweed70 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. It isn't the weekdays that get me, though. I can very closely monitor and control what I have available to me while at work. The weekends are a killer. It's where I have to keep a tight reign on portion control.

I hopped on the scale this morning and it showed that I weighed 2 lbs less than I did 2.5 days ago! That was a nice change of pace since I only dropped 3 pounds over the course of the previous 3 weeks.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Alright staying in my calories but getting low on groceries so didnt eat too well today, ate some bottom of freezer, who knows how long its been there, boxed meals. LOL
    . Shopping tomorrow :)
    I think I could be getting in more exercise so I will try harder on that the next couple days.
  • Slim2fitit
    Slim2fitit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Doing OK so far, tomorrow is my worse day, I work late on Friday and my dinner is very late, I have to beware of the tea time nibbles! Have prepared fruit salad to see me through that danger time and I have done my sit ups so off to bed now,without the night time snacking.
  • MissClarey
    MissClarey Posts: 13
    Options
    first day was terrible; didn't register half the things I ate out of shame! last two days have been great though :) won't be able to weigh myself this sunday but can next week; hoping for a result!
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    today has been horrible. after 2 workouts i realized i hadn't eaten for 19 hours. so needless to say i have eaten just over 700 calories today burned just over 500 and netting just over 200. i am tired and sluggish and found out this after noon that hubby is getting to come home for 24 hours and then gone for another week. amazingly all of the kids took it fairly well. tomorrow is a new day and hopefully i will do better. going to take hubby's advice and make a big chart on the dry erase board to remind me to eat and workout.
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Not great. :( Been moving, so I haven't had time for workouts... Going running tonight, so hoping to get back on track!
  • ctiginger09
    Options
    I've been absolutely horrible in terms of food the past couple weeks. I work from 3pm-2am as a babysitter and although I try and bring my own food, sometimes I slip and have something not good for me. So I haven't been very good about that. I joined MFP again to get me back on track. I've done pretty well today! I'm going to do an interval run tomorrow. I'm going to walk 2min, then run 2min for a total of 40min. Wish me luck!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    So far I'm down a pound.
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    DarinGettingHawtin2013 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Doing okay. Had a bad calories day yesterday, but today has been much better. Right now, I"m struggling with an upper-respiratory/allergy-type thing - sniffles, coughing, congestion, sore throat.

Worked from home today, so didn't walk around as much as I do at the office - so I need to try to motivate myself to exercise, even lightly, before bed. Wish me luck!!!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    yesterday was a horrible day when it got to dinner...today was great. Soooo im not getting on scale till sun and figure I will see the results of this week.... i know it wont be my best
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Doing okay..had a horrible day yesterday but today has been much better...I'm going to Disneyland this weekend for two days and I'm kinda terrified...I hope I can make healthy choices...wish me luck
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am fighting with TOM, two days skipped from Brazilian Butt Lift Program,but back on the game (Wednesday completed). I need to catch up with Tuesday, Thursday missed day. Staying under calories but not my typical healthy choices. I am going to increase cardio to hit one pound down by our 1st weigh-in.
  • minimary16
    minimary16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Doing great !
    I also take a peek at the scale this morning, and I think I lost 1,8 pounds. I'm supposed to weigh in on Saturday, bu I was so impatience. I hope I really lose that weight because i didn't lose much in the past 2 weeks.

I know i'm not supposed to cheat and wait till the weigh in day, by the small peek I took got me SOOO motivated for the day and I don't want to ruined that possible weight loss.

Food was good and exercise was awesome (thanks to Jillian Michaels who is kicking my butt for 25 minutes everyday !!!)
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Feeling good to be back at it!! Went out for supper 2x this week but planned ahead and did fine. I have peeked at my weight already but not again till Sunday a.m. so I'll just have to see what the scale has to say. Going away on 24 hr retreat tomorrow night where all the food is provided, and likely not very low call...so am planning ahead and taking all sorts of stuff that I CAN eat.
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm actually kind of inspired by all the other folks who aren't doing so hot. I have done okay, but I know I can do better. I got a bad case of the lazies this week and haven't logged as much work out time as I know I could have done. We're low on groceries, so I'll be heading to the market today to fill in the holes for better eating. Figuring out what's for dinner has been hard. Can't have tacos because we've only got two tortillas, no chili because we're 1lb short and haven't any tomato sauce...no, DH, ketchup isn't a good substitute, etc. etc. We relied on pasta dishes a LOT this week.

On top of this, sorry guys, I started the monthly, week-long bloat, so I feel like crap, and needless to say, it's not helping me get off my butt and work out.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Feeling good about things and staying in my range! Going to try and take a walk at lunch time today :)
  • LauraUrias
    LauraUrias Posts: 19
    Options
    This week has been pretty good for me. I have eaten well but I haven't got in all in workouts I hoped for. Weekends are the worst for me so I am going to try to stay on track. So far it looks like I have lost this week so I am anxious for Sunday's weigh-in.
  • 1andonlykellyd
    1andonlykellyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just realized I never went and introduced myself or entered my start weight or anything!
    But I have lost 5.5 pounds since signing up for this group!